Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 JD4400 HST compact tractor that needs the reverse pedal adjustment. The pedal is now almost to the floor. I see that there is a screw on the lever, is that for adjustment? I need the reverse pedal raised so I can reach it easily. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The neutral adjustment is just fine. What I need to know is how to raise the reverse pedal off the floor and up so I can reach it.

I think that will work just fine,, I had a similar issue,,
my tractor ended up with a LOT of wear in the swivel rod ends,, so that I could no longer get full forward speed.

I simply loosened the lock nuts, and screwed the rod out, which lifted the pedal,,,
now I have full forward speed again.

Ease of pedal reach would be a reason to change that rod length,,
but,,, you may have to add a stop so that the pedal is not "overdepressed" :dunno:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Parts 35 and 48 are the forward and reverse control rods and appear to be adjustable. The manual states one must mark them before removing them so they can be re-installed to the same position. I would start be looking for loose/missing bolts and/or locknuts and then see if the length of the reverse control rod #48 needs to be adjusted.

Maybe this will help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts