Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Well this year I just suddenly found out I'll be mowing my place and taking over mowing 2 other with my machinery.

So the 1025r with 60d has never been a satisfactory mowing machine as most agree. Now that my equipment will be handling all this mowing duty and I'll be receiving about 500$ on trade in and monthly financial compensation, I'm in market for a zero turn.

Dream machine is a Deere z530r w/ 54". Well nobody has one. My compensation won't be good enough that budget allows for a 9 series. Want to stay under 6k.

Being friends and part time worker of a local place, I have a cash offer that's quite generous on a new mz454 husqvarna. Descent amount of YouTube videos out there praising them. All of these "best zero turn of x year" sites do include husq models. But my gripe is that locally commercial crews use ex Mark skag or Deere. Never seen a trailer of huskies.

Any reviews feedback on them? I want a heavy z that will give me years and many acres. The h warranty is a match for Deere. Bigger motor and same thickness of deck. Due to shortages I can't even test drive a Deere within an hour n a half of here. I'll be riding a husq this weekend though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Kawasaki makes a great engine. I have 14 years on my Husqvarna with zero problems with the engine. I have had several problems with the mower, mainly neglect on my part. Overall I have been satisfied with the quality. I have a ez4819 (19hp Kawasaki)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
3 years ago I went to dealer that sold both husqvarna and simplicity.
He pointed out the differences between the two and the Simplicity visibly looked much more rugged, especially the drivetrain and suspension.
I don't recall the specific husqvarna models I was comparing with and would not discourage purchasing one.
But with the ground I cover, I went for the one that looked like it would take the abuse. And so far the simplicity has.
However, I will say mine doesn't deliver the best cut in tall grass.

·
Registered
618 Posts
There are several good brands of zero turns out there and I'd definitely put Husqvarna on the list. With reasonable care in operation and proper maintenance I think you'll be satisfied.

No one is making their own engine so as long as that's a good one I'd say the deck quality, seat comfort & quality, things like that are the decision makers. Kawasaki be would be my engine of choice as a starting point.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pickup Man - you and I are having eerily similar experiences. I have a small shop in town that carries Husky and where I purchase and service all my gas power tools. I bought my Husky snow blower there. True small local business. I spent a whole lot of time with them and looked at both the MZ54 and 454 zero turns. I sat on them. They offered to bring to my home. There was even some really attractive pricing. I almost bought one - except I came to settle on the Z530R.

My application and use will be less than yours (similarly it will allow me to stop mowing with my 54inch deck on my 2025r). My analysis was the Husky was a heavier duty, beefier commercial machine than was going to rack up the acres and not flinch.

I came down in the analysis as thinking I was buying a lot more capacity and capability in the Husky than I would use, while the Deere had comfort and convenience aspects that were appealing (12v outlet, lights, rubber mats etc.). I could easily live with out the comfort and convenience items but it would have been in exchange for storing a lot of excess capability in the garage.

Went to my Deere dealer just this week - and no 530Rs to be found. The Deere dealer was a local shop too that got swept up last year into a big regional chain. They were not doing a lot on pricing. BUT they did find one at another dealer a few hours away and are getting it for me. Sounded a bit like the way car dealers will get cars. Not sure if it is one of their other stores or another dealer altogether.

My take - ask your Deere dealer if they can get one from another dealer or go to a larger dealer with multiple locations and ask the same; if still no go - buy the Husky with confidence.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to say thanks to everyone. Really a lot of great info here. Really appreciate the time everyone has taken to input.

I am central Ohio and visited one ag pro. They had none and could not get any till July and stated nothing in network. I called two other ag pro, one had a 530m which I'm not sold on for certain items. One had a 530r with a 60" deck(pref 54) but it was dropped in shipping waiting on parts and they want full price for it.

An independent dealership an hour away also has a 530m at 200 less than ag pro. I wish it was an r I would have already bought it.

I have another place to check with tomorrow. Much like already stated, the husq seems rugged but certain aspects of the Deere are more attractive. I'm willing to travel for what I want, partially pressed for time cause the grass is growing like crazy and I'm excited about the opportunity. All that said I'm just trying to not make a decision I regret.

I'll follow up and again thanks everyone for the comments. This will always be a great community.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.