Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Added rubber to the blade

Tonight I added some rubber to the top and bottom. The bottom has about 1.5 sticking out might trim it to 1 but waiting to still test it on on some snow first. Also ordered a poly blade as well. Think I’ll make the holes in the rubber slightly bigger this week to have a much tighter fit. It works but the ocd in me is nudging me to do that.

1114281D-6871-40D2-986C-381228B658E3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No pics of it working in the snow? We haven't had any snow since I had mine made. The forecast says we might get something later on next week. Guess we will see!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No pics of it working in the snow? We haven't had any snow since I had mine made. The forecast says we might get something later on next week. Guess we will see!
Nope no snow it rained here today. I'm sure it will snow very soon since I brought my walk behind snowblower into the shop for a service bulletin and that's how my luck is haha. At least I hope it works and we finally get some! :plowsnow:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I'm researching snow blades for my new beast. I had thought I was done when I came upon this thread during a search, and was about to pull the trigger on a Frontier AF10F w/ hydraulics kit. After reading this thread I've just about changed my mind and may just pull the trigger on a 60" CTA. The thread doesn't say how the blade handled the snow, or how the blade is holding up. I have JD 3rd function hydraulics for my grapple, so no problems there. So, does anyone have anything to add?

PS - I don't wait for the season to arrive before planning and buying attachments, so no, I'm not out of my mind, yet. However, much more of staying inside isn't going to help my wallet. ;)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts