·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Randy,

While I don't object or disagree with any of the rules I must admit I don't even remember what the original rules said. Can you point out what was revised?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, basically Wayne the whole thing has been completely re-written. We were concerned that there were significant areas that needed more definition. As far as effecting anything at this point I would say no one has any worries. We did not add anything significantly new for you to be concerned with. We just knew that with our current growth that it needed more definition and clarification.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
:thumbup1gif: Thanks Randy. You've got a great site here and whatever needs to be done to keep it that way, I'm all for it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup1gif: Thanks Randy. You've got a great site here and whatever needs to be done to keep it that way, I'm all for it. :thumbup1gif:
One minor correction Wayne, "We've a great site".

We are try our best and anything you can add to make it better we encourage.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I agree with Wayne. This is a great site. I have been curious as to how you all put DT together and how it started. Regardless, keep it up. I got my first transfusion to green blood at age seven, when my Dad became a John Deere dealer. DT has to be the best place on the Internet. Thanks to those of you who established DT and to those who keep it going.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Deere Talk was started almost a year ago. A few of us guys were not real happy with some of the other tractor forums as many of the Deere discussions would get railroaded and off topic very fast. Deere Talk was our safe haven to come and discuss our green topics without worry of brand bashing or other behavior. About 6 months after it started we expanded the ownership to try to accomplish more with the site. Currently there are three owners (KennyD, RandyM and myself) Kenny and Randy have been owners for about 6 months.

We are thrilled with our growth and the knowledge the members of this site have brought to it. We look forward to expanding our family and creating a home for Deere Fanatics.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Here's the change that Randy couldn't get by the lawyers:

Posting of Pictures
Posting of pictures is recognized as being critical the the livelihood of a forum. Members are required to post pictures at least 20% of the time. Members starting new threads without pictures may have that thread removed until such time as sufficient pictures are included. Members not posting enough pictures may, at the sole description of DeereTalk, be demoted to "Faded Green Status" until such time as the offending poster achieves a suitable level of picture content.

The posting of gratuitous pictures, such as those of a member wearing silly headgear or pictures of random tools and equipment, will not count towards the 20% criteria. The posting of a video counts the same as posting 10 pictures.

Yep, it's a great site with fantastic members.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::yahoo::yahoo:

Pete, I am glad I'm not in the washer tub of a brain you have, it must be quite a spin. :mocking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts