Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cooked some good looking bone in rib eyes :bbq: tonight and had some locally made beer :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well there is a hat trick but I cannot say what the third thing is in polite company. But you guys know what it is.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Living large there. Hope you went medium rare??

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Maybe a little closer to Massachusetts and you and I would be golden!

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bone in ribeye cooked on the Weber is my favorite. Add a cold Bud and a warm Bush and you're set! :laugh:
:lolol: that's exactly what I used is a weber genesis lx and the weber I grill thermometer and of course it has to be medium rare :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
We had "bone out" rib eyes last Tuesday,,,

ribeyes.jpg

Last night, we had bone in rib eyes,,
I have never had them before,,
Krogers had the entire standing rib roast on sale for $6.99,, so we tried one,, they sliced it into steaks for us,,

A M A Z I N G !! :good2:

All of our steaks are prepared on a $29 "fake" Weber charcoal grill,,
never a flare up, and perfect prep is 6 minutes per side,,

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
Krogers had the entire standing rib roast on sale for $6.99,, so we tried one,, they sliced it into steaks for us,,

You guys really do need to stop posting this stuff. It's making hot dogs look pretty weak. :lol:
Those are some nice looking steaks. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
You guys really do need to stop posting this stuff. It's making hot dogs look pretty weak. :lol:
Well,, the goofy hot dog companies feel it is OK to charge $5 a pound for "beef" hot dogs,,
for $2 more per pound, I am having rib eyes,,,, :dunno:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
:lolol: we had; shrimp, Glenlivet, tequila, popcorn chicken at the legion as we don't have any family left alive (outside of my brother who lives up n NH and has the flu right now) and when we got home I made westerns with no bread... I thought about hot dogs Giz that's why I'm laughing! I agree about those steaks, yum..:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts

There's something about leaving the bone in the ribeye that makes it really good. Six minutes per side is about right; I like mine about and inch and 1/4 thick, so I go about 15 minutes total. I spray one side with olive oil and add a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning, and a couple pats of butter. I add some Mesquite, Pecan and Blackjack oak to the grill, and put the steaks on when it starts smoking good. I also like a couple of shrimp sauteed in garlic and butter on the side too. Sharn Jean will usually fry up some okra and some braised in butter mushrooms. Ah, home on the range!

We have an occasional steak night at the Elks; I take my Weber to help cook, and will cook maybe 20 to 25 steaks in a night; last time we RSVPed like 98 guests; ended up buying and cooking 110 steaks. Always have a good crowd!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I spray one side with olive oil and add a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning, and a couple pats of butter.
That is exactly what we do to both sides,,
then,,
we add Tony Chachere's,, and a little powdered onion, and a little powdered garlic,,,

The charcoal has to be HOT before the steaks go on,, because you can not lift the lid, or you get a flare up fire,,,

the timing can vary a little, due to air temp,, but, our $29 grill is pretty precise when cooking beef,,
one layer of charcoal, only,,, and spread very evenly,,,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts