Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at dealer today looking at my new 2025R. They are about done with it just needing to install Auto Throttle kit. We were talking about running the RC2060 Rotary Cutter without the FEL and installing the bracket and suitcase weights when doing that. Was suggested that I just take the bucket off and leave rest on tractor. To compensate for the weight of the bucket have Rim Guard put into the front tires. While doing that also going to do the rear tires. Does that make sense to those of you experienced operators of these smaller machines? Was planning on having Rim Guard put into rear tires but had not considered the fronts. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
So am I correct in understanding that the dealer is recommending filling the front tires? If so, you should be fine. I put Rim Guard in the front tires on my 2720 and then later when it was at the dealer for some add-ons I received a call from the dealer asking who put fluid in the front tires. They said JD does not recommend it and "strongly" advised that if I wanted to avoid any future warranty issues that the fluid should be removed.

Others have reported no issues - go figure.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Can't see that loading the fronts is going to add that much weight? I would think the bucket is heavier than the fluid and being that the bucket is allot further out in front of the tractor, it would have allot more front ballast than loaded front tires. Don't know how much fluid the front tires of a 2025 can hold.:dunno: I

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
Don't know how much fluid the front tires of a 2025 can hold.:dunno: I
Assuming it has the 23x8.50-12 R4 front tires, that would be 6-gallons or 59 lb. per tire.

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
So am I correct in understanding that the dealer is recommending filling the front tires? If so, you should be fine. I put Rim Guard in the front tires on my 2720 and then later when it was at the dealer for some add-ons I received a call from the dealer asking who put fluid in the front tires. They said JD does not recommend it and "strongly" advised that if I wanted to avoid any future warranty issues that the fluid should be removed.

Others have reported no issues - go figure.
My dealer told me the same thing, said it would void any warranty on the front axle or something to that affect. :dunno: but it actually isn't that much weight on these smaller tractors, I'd go with the weight bracket and weights.

·
Registered
21,495 Posts
I agree with what has been said. I LOVE my rear loaded tires but do not have the fronts loaded. A weight bracket and suitcase weights is the only way to go.

I use my brush hog often without the loader on - I do a lot in the woods and can't maneuver with the extra length of the loader. The suitcase weights makes it feel very stable on hills - even more so than the loader.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What Stan said!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 5075e manual has liquid ballast as an option. We have large tractors at work that have had liquid filled tires for years. No problems!
Except when you get a deer antler stuck in one.
The only draw back I see is having to handle the tire off the tractor. very heavy, is an understatement.

Get a strap and run it through the rim before you lay it flat.

I'm seriously considering getting mine filled with calcium.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was at dealer today looking at my new 2025R. They are about done with it just needing to install Auto Throttle kit. We were talking about running the RC2060 Rotary Cutter without the FEL and installing the bracket and suitcase weights when doing that. Was suggested that I just take the bucket off and leave rest on tractor. To compensate for the weight of the bucket have Rim Guard put into the front tires. While doing that also going to do the rear tires. Does that make sense to those of you experienced operators of these smaller machines? Was planning on having Rim Guard put into rear tires but had not considered the fronts. Thanks in advance!
Though I am still waiting on my tractor to deliver I did bring home the owners manuals for the tractor and the loader the other day. According to the owners manual fluid in all 4 tires is not a problem.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
I have all 4 tires filled with liquid plus I use weights on the front as needed. My JD dealer filled all 4 of the tires. If a dealer says it will void warranty by filling the fronts then the dealer isn't worth a crap, IMHO.

Yeah, I know some say it doesn't help but I disagree.

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
My 5075e manual has liquid ballast as an option. We have large tractors at work that have had liquid filled tires for years. No problems!
Except when you get a deer antler stuck in one.
The only draw back I see is having to handle the tire off the tractor. very heavy, is an understatement.

Get a strap and run it through the rim before you lay it flat.

I'm seriously considering getting mine filled with calcium.
Your's is a bigger tractor, I believe my dealer said it was 1-3 (maybe 4) that they don't want liquid in the fronts. Our 2555 has always had all four loaded.

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
I have all 4 tires filled with liquid plus I use weights on the front as needed. My JD dealer filled all 4 of the tires. If a dealer says it will void warranty by filling the fronts then the dealer isn't worth a crap, IMHO.

Yeah, I know some say it doesn't help but I disagree.
I still will more than likely do my fronts with washer fluid, 6 gallons is more than a couple of more suitcase weights. I did all four on my 1 series even though 3 gallons in the fronts wasn't much for weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts