Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you nullify the RIO, will that prohibit you from using the "off seat rear pto" Only way I can get the rear pto to engage without shutting tractor down is to directly jump the seat switch.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you nullify the RIO, will that prohibit you from using the "off seat rear pto" Only way I can get the rear pto to engage without shutting tractor down is to directly jump the seat switch.
Do you have a Gen2 2025R? If so, you need to put tractor in N, set parking brake then engage PTO. This allows you to leave the seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep,2019 gen 2, tried as you stated. Even had manual with me and did as it says to do. So as I go to engage rear pto tractor shuts down. I have neutralized the RIO so I can reverse move when blowing snow after going forward.I have resorted to using a jumper wire on the seat switch plug. I only need the rear pto live when I lubricate the chain on the blower, course all other lubs on blower are with tractor shut down, key removed. Thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yep,2019 gen 2, tried as you stated. Even had manual with me and did as it says to do. So as I go to engage rear pto tractor shuts down. I have neutralized the RIO so I can reverse move when blowing snow after going forward.I have resorted to using a jumper wire on the seat switch plug. I only need the rear pto live when I lubricate the chain on the blower, course all other lubs on blower are with tractor shut down, key removed. Thanks
Interesting. I have a 18 and it works as described. I do know it's got to be done in proper order while in the seat. Yours is under warranty, ask your dealer what the deal is and have them fix it maybe?

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's is my plan. I just thought I maybe was doing the set up wrong. My old 4100 all I had to do was lift the seat and pull the switch up. Technology! Go figure! Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
20,128 Posts
I have neutralized the RIO so I can reverse move when blowing snow after going forward.
There should be a sensor on your front hitch that disables the RIO when the snowblower is mounted.

·
Registered
642 Posts
There should be a sensor on your front hitch that disables the RIO when the snowblower is mounted.
He mentions the rear PTO so not sure if it’s a front mount blower? Also, doesn’t the front sensor disable the reversing when mid PTO is engaged and not getting off the seat? Not really sure as I don’t have a front mount blower.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Another thought is make sure the PTO selector is in rear only.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have a rear blower, other than MMM and loader, no attachments on front of tractor. Will double check the position of pto selector. Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
537 Posts
I guess it depends how you nuked the rio. I use the zip tie around the reverse sensor under the seat and I can run the rear pto off the tractor just fine.

start tractor
rear pto only selected
parking brake set
get off tractor
engage pto

you can’t sit on the tractor, start the pto, then get off. You have to start the pto from the ground.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like you I used a zip tie. Followed your five items verbatim, same thing. When I engage the pto, tractor shuts down. I'm going to contact dealer and let him handle it. It's under warranty, and that's what warranties are for! Thanks for the help! Yooperterry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts