Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the Ratchet Rake Rip and Dig on the 1026R? I'm thinking of getting one for 20" deep conduit ditches.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I ordered a BucketSolutions.com version of what your looking at called a quick attach spade which clamps onto bucket instead of using straps. After I received it I realized that it was going to be way to much for my little 1026r/H120 FEL to handle. Either product would probably work great on a much larger tractor or a skid steer. I wound up sending mine back. My suggestion, go rent a trencher.:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I ordered a BucketSolutions.com version of what your looking at called a quick attach spade which clamps onto bucket instead of using straps. After I received it I realized that it was going to be way to much for my little 1026r/H120 FEL to handle. Either product would probably work great on a much larger tractor or a skid steer. I wound up sending mine back. My suggestion, go rent a trencher.:flag_of_truce:
Tractor Forks, Bucket Forks, Loader Forks

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I agree that might have a rough time on the 1026R because of weight as well as low loader capacity. I plan on building one for the 3PH, hopefully this year. A friend of mine is giving me a ripper that I will make into a sub soiler with an add on to roll out the soil creating a trench. My soil is relatively soft so it will work for me I am sure but not from the front end.

Of course I could rent a trencher and be done in less time that making the trencher but that would be less fun. :laugh:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thank you for the info. This thing is a little more expensive than the Northern one, but it looks more aggressive, too.
Any reports on the use of either of those devices would be great.

I plan to make a ditch from my septic system to my motorhome, to run water and a sewer line to it to be able to use the motorhome as additional guest quarters for visiting freinds and relatives (my wife has sisters all over the US and they are very close and visiting each other quite a bit).

I have never made a ditch like this in my entire life, and thus have no practical experience in doing this. But I plan to start the ditch by running a subsoiler the entire way to loosen the ground up. I wanted to follow with a middle buster to widen it somewhat and than finish it up with one of those shovel things. Does this plan make sense? Any critics/suggestions are very much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,065 Posts
But I plan to start the ditch by running a subsoiler the entire way to loosen the ground up. I wanted to follow with a middle buster to widen it somewhat and than finish it up with one of those shovel things. Does this plan make sense? Any critics/suggestions are very much appreciated!
I've never used one of the bucket shovels, but your plan certainly sounds reasonable. Do the really hard part with the subsoiler, then widen and deepen gradually with the other tools. Depending on how deep you need to go, you may be able to accomplish the task with just the subsoiler and middlebuster. I've dug roughly 12" deep by 12" wide ditches with my middlebuster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts