RIP First Lady Mrs. Bush.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Barbara Bush embodied the role of First Lady. She was criticized by some for being too much of an activist, and by others for not doing enough. Personally, I believe she maintained the right balance, giving time to humanitarian efforts, public policy, family and community efforts. From all accounts, she had a solid work ethic. I am sad to read of her passing.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My sincere condolences go out to the Bush family. She was an inspiration to all because she stood by her principal beliefs and definitely walked the walk. She will be missed by all who knew her. :pray:

·
Premium Member
13,336 Posts
Barbara Bush embodied the role of First Lady. She was criticized by some for being too much of an activist, and by others for not doing enough. Personally, I believe she maintained the right balance, giving time to humanitarian efforts, public policy, family and community efforts. From all accounts, she had a solid work ethic. I am sad to read of her passing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said, she and Nancy Reagan before her set the standard by which all First Lady's should be measured. She will be missed

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
I read of her passing this morning, so sad for the family and her husband. I agree wholeheartedly with what the others have said. Thanks for posting Gizmo.

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
they came onto the tv last night to say she had passed. while talking some about her, they said about her husband's brother passing and he had been gone to his brother's funeral, or to the viewing i think in the state of Connecticut.

so we couldn't quite hear if he was a t home of her passing. bad his brother passing away-and then her all at the same time.

R.I.P.:pray:

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
they came onto the tv last night to say she had passed. while talking some about her, they said about her husband's brother passing and he had been gone to his brother's funeral, or to the viewing i think in the state of Connecticut.

so we couldn't quite hear if he was a t home of her passing. bad his brother passing away-and then her all at the same time.

R.I.P.:pray:
According to the Today Show, George (husband) held her hand all day before she passed away.

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
According to the Today Show, George (husband) held her hand all day before she passed away.
OK-good to know for sure. did they mention anything about his brother passing on? they had Andre Mitchel on last night, when Lest Holt broke in, and it was a bad connection, so we had trouble hearing what she was saying.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts