Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Fastest Woman On Four Wheels' Jessi Combs Killed In Jet-Car Crash

I started watching Jessi on TV when she got her start on Xtreme4x4. She's also been on All Girls Garage, Overhaulin and Mythbusters to name a few other things. She was also a racer both on road and off as well as a very talented fabricator.

I would have like to meet her, but never did. I admired her talent and skills through the years always keeping up with what she was doing.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,424 Posts
R.I.P., I remember her from the old Mythbusters show.

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Damn....This makes me sad. She was a pioneer in many ways. Very talented and outgoing. Always enjoyed the content and shows she made.

·
Premium Member
11,021 Posts

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
When I heard this earlier today, it seddened me. She was such a great and talented person. She helped changed the world for many women, showing them that they can work in the technical fields of automotive and fabrication. Her family and friends, especially the ones very close to her, will miss her dearly.

R.I.P. Jessi.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jessi Combs’ fatal high-speed crash was caused by “a mechanical failure of the front wheel, most likely caused from striking an object on the desert,” according to the Harney County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon. This information comes to us two months after Combs’ tragic accident on the dry lake bed of the Alvord Desert. Combs was 39 years old.

The investigation concluded that the front wheel failure “led to the front wheel assembly collapsing.” The sheriff's department says this happened at speeds approaching 550 mph. Both the Harney County Sheriff’s Office and the North American Eagle Race Team collected evidence from the scene to come to this conclusion.

Her cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the head, which happened before the vehicle was engulfed in flames. No other official information regarding the crash was released.

Combs was an extremely well-known racer, fabricator and a longtime host of Autoblog’s “The List” video series, and it is with heavy hearts that we convey this news to you today. The sheriff’s office concluded its release by passing on “its condolences to the family of Jessi Combs and the North American Eagle Race Team."
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/04/jessi-combs-speed-record-crash-cause-wheel-failure/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts