1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
He'll be missed for sure. I grew up watching the Dallas series and will always remember the JR Ewing character. Mr Hagman played that role so well.

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
I was shocked to hear of his passing, although knew he had been battling cancer. Always a big Dallas fan, and have been enjoying the new series, it won't be the same without him. Condolences go out to his family.

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid Me!

I forgot all about him being Major Anthony Nelson in "I Dream of Genie"

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
I forgot all about him being Major Anthony Nelson in "I Dream of Genie"
Most can only remember Barbara Eden and as a kid at the time, who could forget.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Larry Hagman was so much more than a TV actor. He gave an excellent intense performance as the Russian interpreter for Henry Fonda's role as President of the U.S. in "Failsafe". His "wilder side" shown through as the power and glory hungry reserve Colonel in "The Eagle Has Landed"...

Here's a list of only his acting credits: Larry Hagman - IMDb

·
Super Moderator
5,541 Posts
I have to admit,she is definitely why I watched that show. Although JR was the Larry Hagman you loved to hate. Major Nelson is the Larry Hagman I will always remember.:)

Greg

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Man, I had no idea that he graduated from high school in a small town here in Texas. Weatherford isn't very far away, but the old school building where he attended was torn down to make room for the new one.

Oh, and about Barbara Eden, there is a story about how the producers of the I Dream of Jeannie show decided to not allow her belly button to be shown on television. THE HORROR:laugh: They thought that it revealed too much. :lol: Maybe they should've had her just wear a potato sack.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Oh, and about Barbara Eden, there is a story about how the producers of the I Dream of Jeannie show decided to not allow her belly button to be shown on television. THE HORROR:laugh: They thought that it revealed too much. :lol: Maybe they should've had her just wear a potato sack.
The best anonymous Australian quote I've seen is, "Thank God we (Australia) got the criminals; because you (USA) got the Puritans." There is a lot of truth in that comment considering how prudish the USA can be on some things. Yes, the horror of seeing a navel...:lol:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The best anonymous Australian quote I've seen is, "Thank God we (Australia) got the criminals; because you (USA) got the Puritans." There is a lot of truth in that comment considering how prudish the USA can be on some things. Yes, the horror of seeing a navel...:lol:
Think maybe I just had a vision of what the producers feared most would occur if that navel was shown on television. They had this great fear that such a sight would cause feminists all over and even the Brady Bunch along with their followers to rise up and attack. Yes, there's nothing more terrifying than a convoy of yellow, brown, and even green station wagons approaching that are filled with angry people wearing plaid pants with bucket sized bell bottom leggings.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
G & R Man...what you describe is too horrible for young people to read. Is that how the world will end on 12-21-2012 when the Mayan calendar craps out? :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts