Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hockey legend Gordie Howe died this morning at 88

Gordie Howe, Canadian ice hockey legend, dies at 88 - BBC News

Being a life long Red Wing fan and having the pleasure of seeing Mr. Hockey play and in appearances since his playing days, his presence will be a void that is never filled.

RIP Gordie :canada

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a signed puck by him hanging in my garage. I also have a picture taken with him from back in the late 80's when he played a charity tournament in my neighboring town.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Sad day indeed, another great gone :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
RIP Mr. Hockey - He played so long that he actually played pro hockey WITH his kids retiring at the age of 52. Incredible.

I think even Chuck Norris will be wearing Gordie Howe underroos tonight.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RIP Mr. Hockey - He played so long that he actually played pro hockey WITH his kids retiring at the age of 52. Incredible.

I think even Chuck Norris will be wearing Gordie Howe underroos tonight.
Who do you think taught Chuck Norris to be Chuck Norris?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was very saddened to read of his passing in the papers today.

I have a childhood memory of seeing him at the Hartford Civic Center when is was on the Hartford Whalers.

One thing that stands out in my memory that I recall is that he was one of the few players on the ice who didn't wear a helmut.

It was fun to see him play hockey!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
A nice quote from another hockey great published by the Red Wings on face book.

“I was very sad to learn today of the passing of my longtime teammate, and friend, Gordie Howe. Gordie really was the greatest hockey player who ever lived. I was fortunate to play with Gordie for 12 seasons with the Detroit Red Wings and I’ve known him for over 70 years. He could do it all in the game to help his team, both offensively and defensively. He earned everything that he accomplished on the ice.

“Beyond hockey, Colleen and his family meant everything to him. Gordie was larger than life, and he was someone who I thought would live forever. My wife Joanne and I extend our condolences to Gordie’s children — Cathleen, Mark, Marty and Murray — and his entire family and many friends during this time.” - Ted Lindsay

Here is a photo collection.

redwn.gs/25PGTgp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts