Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nancy Reagan, one of the most high-profile and influential first ladies of the 20th century, has died, according to a spokeswoman with the Reagan Library. She was 94.
The cause of death was congestive heart failure, according to her rep Joanne Drake. "Mrs. Reagan will be buried at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California, next to her husband, Ronald Wilson Reagan, who died on June 5, 2004," Drake wrote in a statement.

Former First Lady Nancy Reagan Dead at 94 - NBC News

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Reagan

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Mrs. Reagan has finally joined her beloved Ronnie. I heard an interview just a few minutes ago with her long time social secretary who visited with Mrs. Reagan in October and she said that towards the end of their visit, Mrs. Reagan said that she had lost many of those she loves and most of her friends and she was beginning to wonder if God had forgotten about her or turned his back on her. Now she knows that was not at all the case.

She was a classic FIRST LADY in every sense of the word. Apparently she was expressing her deep disappointment recently in the state of the Republican party. I couldn't agree with her more.

May this fine lady now be reunited with her husband in her eternal rewards. Rest in peace Mrs Reagan.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,486 Posts
Now that makes me sad. Thanks Kennyd.

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Thanks Kenny. I just mentioned her the other day. It seems we can't see any local news without mention of the opiate epidemic in NYS, especially here locally. I said we needed to bring back Nancy Reagan and her "Just say no to drugs" campaign.

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Thanks Kenny, I had just read this a few minutes before coming to GTT.

Her and Ronnie are now together.

May she RIP .

·
Old Pa-pa
11,754 Posts
R.I.P. Mrs. Reagan.

From a time when there was class in the White House.

·
Registered
11,909 Posts
Farewell to a great American. She and President Reagan represented the United States far better than any First Couple that I have seen in my lifetime. The President and Mrs. Reagan are together again. God bless them both.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,292 Posts
Rest in Peace, Nancy. :pray:

She was truly a great wife and adviser to Ronald; and a great First Lady. I don't know if we'll ever see the kind of leadership, that the Reagans delivered, in our nation's capital any time soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts