Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very sad. Great actor and comedian. RIP.

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
RIP. He was one of the best!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had read last week that he was going to check into rehab again.

That stuff gets control of their minds, and lives, and not many seem to escape.

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
I had read last week that he was going to check into rehab again.

That stuff gets control of their minds, and lives, and not many seem to escape.
What stuff are you referring too? :unknown:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
RIP Robin, you gave the world many laughs...:pray:prayers for family and friends.

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
I had not heard of his passing , may he RIP ,prayers to his family, He was one of the best, ///////////Mrs Doubtfire,,,Patch Adams, Mork and Mindy many more.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So sad! We lose so many that had so much!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What stuff are you referring too? :unknown:
He was going into rehab for sobriety. Drugs, drinks, depression, take your pick. It can all take control.

·
Registered
365 Posts
He was in a league of his own, that's for sure. He would have you in stitches just doing his ad-lib while accepting another well deserved award. A real treasure. RIP.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,506 Posts
So sad. Life is so hard sometimes.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Those must have been some wicked demons. I truly hope he's not running from them any more and has found the peace that this earth couldn't give him.

If you, or anyone you know is having a hard time, call 1-800-273-TALK, or anyone for that matter. Heck, call me if you want, pm me for my number. There's always a way out and it starts with waking up tomorrow.

I leave you with my favorite Robin Wiliams picture:

Robin Williams.jpg

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It is sad. He will be missed, bigtime. I always looked forward to his movies. From what Robin said, he was heavily influenced by Jonathon Winters...and it showed. JW was my all time favorite comedian.

It seems that truly gifted people have an inordinate amount of demons.I guess they put so much pressure/expectancy on themselves,that it really bothers them when they feel they've fallen short. :unknown: Or ... it could be they have so much time in between jobs ...they may feel unproductive,unneeded, and turn to drink/drugs. IDK. I know the saying ," An idle mind is the devils playground" ,seems to hold true in alot of ways.

When my mother retired, I could see a big difference in her. She got real insecure. But...I'm probably way off base. Lord knows, I aint the best at reading people.ie: when I was single, a woman had to practically hit me over the head if she wanted me to know that she was interested in me. I hope Robin rests in peace now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't believe it. RIP Robin. A Great Entertainer and Comedian.

Ms. Doubtfire
RV
Good Will Hunting
Dead Poets Society
Patch Adams

So many

And voice overs

And stand up

Thank you for making me laugh and think...

·
Premium Member
7,735 Posts
Artistic types seem to be plagued by more demons than most people. Jonathan Winters played Mork's son that was hatched from an egg.

RIP Robin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts