Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,291 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,964 Posts
May he RIP Prayers to his family.

He was always so funny on Carol Burnett Show. The little old man , or playing dentist, and being the boss for Miss Wiggins.

He could crack up Carol or Harvey Korman or any of the other actors on the stage.

We lost a funny comedian .

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Sad week indeed. Another great comedian gone.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
The elephant story was hilarious and totally unscripted.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,210 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
A true comedic genius, one of my all time favorites, can't say how many times I've watched the elephant sketch, but
it cracks me up every time.

RIP Mr. Conway, you will be missed.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very Funny man. Great sense of timing. RIP

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Tim Conway was one of the very best. My favorite sketch was he with Harvey Korman in the dentist chair.

There are no replacements for these guys.

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
I totally enjoyed him in the McHales Navy tv series!:good2:

·
Registered
197 Posts
The dentist sketch is a classic, and the elephant story is still one of the funniest things you will ever see. A clinic in comedic timing.
He also had a memorable recurring role as Peggy's dad on "Married with Children".

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ditto on McHale's Navy and Married with Children. The guy had a natural talent where he could take an ordinary line and deliver it just right to make it funny.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Tim Conway was from the generation and group of TRUE comedic talent and genius. He didn't need to disparage or tear others down, he didn't need to be nasty and mean, he didn't need vulgarity of profanity to be funny and his comedy was always appropriate for a wide range of the ages in the audience. All of the things which I mentioned which Tim Conway didn't need or use, is what really distinguishes a true gifted comedian from many of the more modern "performers".

Tearing others down and belittling others seems to be the mainstay of current comedians. Yet, this same generation claims to be against bullying and personal attacks. Many who claim to be comedians would do well to study the performances of Tim Conway and a few others from his generation. He was truly a gifted comedy artist..............and a real funny man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts