Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got an email from my dealer today saying that JDParts is being phased out for good. :smash: They are replacing it with a 'better' more integrated system called MyDealer that combines the JDParts system with an ordering system linked to your dealer. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Got an email from my dealer today saying that JDParts is being phased out for good. :smash: They are replacing it with a 'better' more integrated system called MyDealer that combines the JDParts system with an ordering system linked to your dealer. Just a heads up.
so no more changing out to different dealers to order something-huh. now that just sucks--:nunu::nunu:

what in the world is wrong with these higher ups-anyways. jeez.

whens this suppose to happen?:munch:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometime in 2020. I would assume that you can still get the part numbers and just order from GFP.

·
Administrator
18,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,549 Posts
Can you share the email text without identifying anyone in particular?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I’ve been on this a few months now. I kinda like it. It’s the same parts system as before (the one they rolled out last year).
My dealer has a list of my equipment and attachments etc, with serial numbers. I can click on that list and it brings up the parts system for that piece of equipment. The JD financial stuff is there too so I can see loan payment info. There is also service records for each piece of equipment. At this point I can’t really see a down side.
I had to go to the dealer and swipe my credit card, and they are able to securely store it so it makes transactions as easy as amazon!
I think it makes sure you are linked to JD through your dealer, which is OK with me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,549 Posts
I’ve been on this a few months now. I kinda like it. It’s the same parts system as before (the one they rolled out last year).
My dealer has a list of my equipment and attachments etc, with serial numbers. I can click on that list and it brings up the parts system for that piece of equipment. The JD financial stuff is there too so I can see loan payment info. There is also service records for each piece of equipment. At this point I can’t really see a down side.
I had to go to the dealer and swipe my credit card, and they are able to securely store it so it makes transactions as easy as amazon!
I think it makes sure you are linked to JD through your dealer, which is OK with me
That's odd, that's the same thing JD had before going to the new parts system. I forget now exactly what it was called. My Deere or something. When I logged into JD Parts I could click a button and see a list of all my machines. Some were entered by the dealer and others were entered by me. It was very handy but it went away when the old parts system went away.

Did anyone else use the old registry and remember what it was called?

I'm a little concerned by the credit card action you mention. Currently you can establish any dealer you want as your preferred dealer, it doesn't have to be the dealer you purchased your equipment from (see below). If they don't have the part I need I can choose another dealer and view their stock status. I certainly wouldn't want to run around to all the local dealers and swipe my credit card. :)

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,366 Posts
Sounds like what the dealers have access to behind the parts counter. :good2: I like it. :good2:
The nice thing about it, it should include any Honda, Stihl or other equipment and parts you purchased at that dealership.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
From Arlen's screenshot, dealercustomerportal.com is a third party product by Sedona Technologies. Sedona Tech is based in Moline IL and a part of the Sedona Group which is a privately held company. So it looks like a third party that happens to be physically close to Deere offering a product to dealers.

This looks to me like dealers moving to a CRM of sorts, not a Deere corporate move all together.

But, what do I know, I just ran a couple of google searches. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
14,088 Posts
Sounds like what the dealers have access to behind the parts counter. :good2: I like it. :good2:
The nice thing about it, it should include any Honda, Stihl or other equipment and parts you purchased at that dealership.
I like it too, I'm with Arlen on this one. It's like a direct link to my dealers parts dept. of sorts, plus they have all of my equipment, I've been using the customer portal through my dealers site since the last change of the parts system and find it quite easy to use. As far as the credit card thing, I'm not running all over looking for a part anyway but I'm sure there is a way in which they could work out the billing and have it end up right on my account at my dealer :dunno: Never seen it take more than two days to get anything from JD to my dealer, Frontier parts for my implements may take a little more time, but not JD parts.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
It has been awhile, but from what I remember the old JD Parts site gave inventory of all of my dealer locations in the cart.

It looks like the build your own is now through the dealers also. My dealers site has a banner at the top of the page for build your own. It works a lot better & includes some discounts.

Koenig Equipment | Tractors, Lawnmowers and more by top brands like John Deere

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you share the email text without identifying anyone in particular?

John Deere has announced plans to discontinue the JDParts online portal in 2020. Now's the perfect time to begin using [dealer's name] MyDealer to buy your John Deere parts, anytime day or night. With recent enhancements and features, you're going to love this secure, comprehensive MyDealer portal.
[h=2]Purchase John Deere Parts Online[/h]Now fully integrated with the John Deere Parts Catalog, you can quickly and easily find the parts you need. It's as simple as browsing the catalog, selecting your parts, and checking out!

Additionally, you can access your past Parts purchases by Part Number and Order Date, and view all of your prior Parts invoices.

[h=2]What else can you do with MyDealer?[/h]
  • Check Your Account Balance, Invoices & Statements
  • See Your Equipment & Service History
  • Find Status of Repair Work
  • Request Service Online
  • Review Your Parts and Service Quotes
  • Update Your Profile, Address & Phone Number
  • And More

·
Registered
463 Posts
Under the current system I could put stuff in a shopping cart but it wouldn't let me check out and order for dealer pickup. My dealer said they had other complaints that it wasn't working.

I could at least see if they had stock and also see pricing. Some items would show pricing in the component list page and some had to be added to the shopping cart to see the pricing. For the last month or so I can't see pricing or stock no matter what.

Reactions: kylew and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,549 Posts
It has been awhile, but from what I remember the old JD Parts site gave inventory of all of my dealer locations in the cart.
The new (current) parts system does the same thing. It will show stock status at all dealer locations without putting the part in the cart.

·
Premium Member
13,549 Posts
From Arlen's screenshot, dealercustomerportal.com is a third party product by Sedona Technologies. Sedona Tech is based in Moline IL and a part of the Sedona Group which is a privately held company. So it looks like a third party that happens to be physically close to Deere offering a product to dealers.

This looks to me like dealers moving to a CRM of sorts, not a Deere corporate move all together.

But, what do I know, I just ran a couple of google searches. :laugh:
Going to the link above this doesn't look like anything new to JD, but may be new to that dealer. I saw this text from Landmark Implement on that website:

"We went live with DealerCustomerPortal.com in August of 2013, with the intention of supporting 30 to
40 different customers. We now have well over 100 active customers utilizing the product and growing. What a game changer! This has given our customers the opportunity to manage their accounts better, as well as free up valuable administration time internally, by not having to look up and reprint multiple customer invoices each time they had accounting questions. "

So they rolled out DealerCustomerPortal back in 2013.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
I wonder if we will lose the ability to check part specs, and search by specs? :unknown: Which I find useful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts