Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the road to my garden today. Little bit too wet, so I stopped right there. Doesn’t look like much, but it is severely rocky with a bunch of sapling trees I had to dig up. Point of this road is too keep from running my tractor through the yard. My grass doesn’t like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
Started the road to my garden today. Little bit too wet, so I stopped right there. Doesn’t look like much, but it is severely rocky with a bunch of sapling trees I had to dig up. Point of this road is too keep from running my tractor through the yard. My grass doesn’t like it.
Man, I thought I had rocks :lol:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What ever rocks you are missing are at my place. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Man, I thought I had rocks :lol:

Me too. :lol: Every post Yank does has boulders. Most of my rocks so I can pick up by hand, all with two hands though they might be a little heavy.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they dumped the leftovers from Mt. Rushmore on my land.

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
You know you really shouldn’t be picking up those rocks. For everyone you pick two more grow in it’s place.

I used to really hate the just b in the farm. Grandpa would say let’s go pick rocks. Uh no thanks. But I did anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
837 Posts
You know you really shouldn’t be picking up those rocks. For everyone you pick two more grow in it’s place.

I used to really hate the just b in the farm. Grandpa would say let’s go pick rocks. Uh no thanks. But I did anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Get your son on it, he'll figure out a way to do it better!

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Here what gets me. People have been in Virginia since at least the 1700’s, How was it left up to Yank to pick them up. 300+ years is a long time to wait for the rock man.:munch:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yank just needs to do what every other farmer has done for the past couple hundred years in Virginia, use those rocks to build walls, fences, or foundations.

I am glad I don't have rocks that big, but I do have a problem with too many rocks. Can't put a shovel in the ground without uncovering at least 2 baseball sized rocks.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
What ever rocks you are missing are at my place. :banghead:
I think they dumped the leftovers from Mt. Rushmore on my land.
I think as they were moving all the rocks from other places they dropped off the big heavy ones at Yank's place as they moved south. By the time they got to my place they only had the ones that were 2' and smaller. But they made sure I got a lot of them. :unknown:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Levi, they must of been “equal opportunity” rock spreaders. I moved one about 800 pounds yesterday. I could use some smaller ones.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Levi, they must of been “equal opportunity” rock spreaders. I moved one about 800 pounds yesterday. I could use some smaller ones.
I think I figured out why they didn't put the huge ones here. At my place I could just start them to rolling and they would end up at the bottom of our hill. The ones I have I get to rolling they get stopped by whatever is in the way. But you can have all of what I have. :bigthumb: :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Is that the road to the "rock garden?" It looks like you have a bumper crop! I move one and find 2 more. You gotta love the good ole Blueridge Mountains! Looking good brother!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
A couple years ago my neighbor across the street let me dump leaves by his garden on his property. I had many loads. He has about ten acres, mostly wooded and I had to take his trail through the woods to get to the garden.
There is something truly Zen about driving a tractor through a trail like that, very cool!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts