Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working in the shop today doing some more stuff to the little trailer but wishing we were camping. So I figured I would cook supper tonight, by the shop.

Fire up some briquettes.
IMG_5239.jpg IMG_5240.jpg

Season up a small chicken and into the oven with some spuds.
IMG_5244.jpg

Two beer and two loads of coals and she is cooked.
IMG_5251.jpg

Make a little gravy and serve. Something so simple can taste so so good.
IMG_5253.jpg IMG_5258.jpg IMG_5260.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,126 Posts
Love those dutch ovens and God knows I'm a sucker for gravy. Looks good.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Yum . . . . :eating:

There's just the two of us and Carol picked up a package of spare-ribs at Costco for a Monday feast. :thumbup1gif: The weather is suppose to warm to 70* with sunshine.

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Yum . . . . :eating:

There's just the two of us and Carol picked up a package of spare-ribs at Costco for a Monday feast. :thumbup1gif: The weather is suppose to warm to 70* with sunshine.
You going to cook the ribs in the Dutch Oven? I have a new Lodge...in the box...just in case of the apocalypse. I'm afraid to take it out and start cooking with it, what with the BGE, old cars, Elks Lodge, garden and an acre of grass to mow and GTT I have more than enough to occupy my time. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
You going to cook the ribs in the Dutch Oven? I have a new Lodge...in the box...just in case of the apocalypse. I'm afraid to take it out and start cooking with it, what with the BGE, old cars, Elks Lodge, garden and an acre of grass to mow and GTT I have more than enough to occupy my time. :bigbeer:
We could do them in a Dutch Oven. My dad liked ribs or ham hocks with sauerkraut. No I'll done them on the grill like I did for Mothers Day when all the family came over. Ribs.jpg

Regarding Lodge Cast Iron, you should use it now to get it 'seasoned'. It needs to be 'seasoned' in order to cook properly. Check the info inside the box. :munch:

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
We could do them in a Dutch Oven. My dad liked ribs or ham hocks with sauerkraut. No I'll done them on the grill like I did for Mothers Day when all the family came over. View attachment 45940

Regarding Lodge Cast Iron, you should use it now to get it 'seasoned'. It needs to be 'seasoned' in order to cook properly. Check the info inside the box. :munch:
Check out my rib rubb and recipe in the Cook book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts