Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of pics in the GM thread. I'll post some others here. Great show, plenty of tractors and a large collection of steam engines. Ya gotta love the smell of coal burning in the air.:good2:

Dirty took his R. He rebuilt the pony starter Thursday night. When he fired that thing up people just stopped and looked.

One of the featured tractors was the Samson made in Janesville, WI.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
It looks like that Rock River show is this weekend? Only an hour or so away from me.

Here are some other Wisconsin dates of interest.

Fountain City Old Time Farm Fest
Aug 31-September 1
Fountain City, WI

33rd Annual Pickett Steam and Gas Engine Show
September 7-8
Pickett, WI
Venue: 7 Miles South of Oshkosh or 4-1/2 Miles North of Rosendale N9975 Olden Rd. (W. of Hwy. 26).

21st Annual Mid-Lakes Thresheree & Tractor Show
September 7-8
Manitowoc, WI
Venue: Pinecrest Historical Village. From I-43: exit 152 to Waldo Blvd., west 3 miles.
From Fox Valley: Hwy. 10 east to Cty. Road S in Whitelaw, south on S to Cty. Road JJ, turn left and go 2 miles.

Early Farm Days
September 8
Kewaskum, WI
Venue: 1202 Parkview Drive, just off Hwy. 28, by the bridge.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the show a second day.:bigthumb: Met Herminator and his dad there. I showed them around a bit and left them to find their own trouble to get in. Glenn wanted to take a pic of us in front of an Allis G. I said no and we moved in front of Dirty's R. Don't tell him, but I drove an Allis G in the parade, it had a JD engine in it.

I took a few more pics of the Samsons, got a little closer this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Samson trucks had no valve cover because they needed to be oiled occasionally. The pics above I tried to show that. They had a big cover that went over everything.

I made it by the steam engine plowing just before they were done.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Thats an interesting rear wheel weight on that model D. It looks like an old steel front rim mounted inside the rear rim with concrete? Farmer fixes and ideas never cease to amaze me!!

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Home

Dad goes to steam shows each year but I dont think I ever have. This is a huge show with a comprehensive collection of things going on. Antique tractors, cars, field work being done, bulldozers moving dirt, a huge steam post driver the size of a house, steam tractors everywhere and even civil war re-enactments going on in the woods. Well I least I think it was a re-enactment, might have been chasing out the guys from Illinois. We were safe however since Mr. Drew came out with a cart to my car and then after we walked around for 3 hours brought us back out to it.:good2: I appreciated it today and I will tomorrow as well when I dont have to hear Dad complain about his hip hurting.:hi:

The last photo shows I left to soon because I met my wife on our road coming home and she had the gator all loaded up for trimming. Note to self, next year the gator goes with me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Love these trucks and the scout.

There is also a steam train that goes around the outside of the grounds. :good2:

Forgot to say. I have never been around burning coal. Smells more good than bad. Better than gas, not as good as diesel. I would put it at the same level as cow manure, which to me does not smell bad. It will say after driving home and trimming for an hour I could still smell burnt coal.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You did a much better job of covering the goings on in pictures better than I did.:good2: I took video of Dirty on the dyno, but didn't take any pics, so I stole yours.:mocking:

It was good to see you again. Glad you enjoyed the show.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
You did a much better job of covering the goings on in pictures better than I did.:good2: I took video of Dirty on the dyno, but didn't take any pics, so I stole yours.:mocking:

It was good to see you again. Glad you enjoyed the show.
No problem. I thought I took 3 but only had the one.:dunno:

He is a talented young man, you should be proud.

For the rest of Uns. I knew Dirty was headed to the Dyno at about 1:00. I was up in another area and there is a lot of things running but I knew he was headed that way because those pony motors are loud and very distinct. Kind of like taking a Kohler and holding the governor open with a string.:laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts