Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to pick up my tractor yesterday after FINALLY getting the Power Beyond kit installed. Yay! I start the tractor and immediately notice that the rock shaft is whining and shaking like crazy. I lower it some, same result. I put it in any and all positions, same thing. Lower it all the way down, it stops. What the heck?! Go get the service manager. Him and 3 other techs have no idea, one of them acts like he had never seen a tractor before. Boy I wish I had purchased this elsewhere. Any idea what would cause it to do that?

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
My guess is they screwed up the hydraulic lines just like Homestead Joes dealer did. Might want to search some of his older posts.

You didn’t accept the machine did you?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I don’t know, sleepy. Just know that is not right. Tell them to come pick it up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is they screwed up the hydraulic lines just like Homestead Joes dealer did. Might want to search some of his older posts.

You didn?t accept the machine did you?
i did not accept it. Is there a diagram somewhere that shows the proper way for the lines when you have both the PB and rear scv's? Also, is there a lever that controls the PB like there is for the two rear scv's?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
i did not accept it. Is there a diagram somewhere that shows the proper way for the lines when you have both the PB and rear scv's? Also, is there a lever that controls the PB like there is for the two rear scv's?
There is no lever for the PB. It's just an open port with constant hydraulic flow. Any control levers would be on whatever implement you connect to the PB port (i.e. the backhoe, a log splitter, etc..).

I don't know of a source for a diagram that includes both the PB and rear SCV. I suspect that may be why this is happening at multiple dealerships. Deere usually provides the install directions with each option so the PB kit will have it's installation instructions and the rear SCV kit will have it's installation directions. The teams that wrote those may not have been talking to each other and one may be messing the other up.

You mentioned a whining noise so my guess is that the rear SCV install directions are somehow blocking the PB hydraulic flow and sending the hydro system into a constant bypass.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Did the Power Beyond have the loop hose installed? Simple fix if it did not. I agree. Sounds like its in bypass.

If they messed with anything on the rockshaft, they may have it out of adjustment. My dealer did that on another tractor I had. Had to take it back for them to adjust it properly.

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Air is possible, but the tech(s) should have cleared that before you even got there IF they tested anything.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Glad it was something simple. Odd that they didn't run everything thru a few cycles when work was finished to check for leaks. I know I always do, but I'm not certified by anyone. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts

You didn’t accept the machine did you?
I think I am finally getting somewhere with my research on the messed-up hydraulics my dealer did when installing both my Power Beyond (PB) and Dual Rear Selective Control Valve (DRSCV). The PB installation instructions are very clear about the need to remove and discard "DRSCV to rockshaft manifold oil line" and the DRSCV Installation Instructions are also very clear about installing "Rear SCV Valve to Tank Hydraulic Oil Line" WHICH IS MISSING FROM MY TRACTOR!!! I am still not done researching this but I'm glad to say I am finally making some headway thanks to the good folks on here sharing information and photos of their similarly equipped tractors..... I don't understand how my PB & DRSCV even work with missing and misrouted lines.... Boy my dealer is gonna get another ear full from me in the very near future.....

Thanks again to all and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sincerely,
HomesteadJoe

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I think I am finally getting somewhere with my research on the messed-up hydraulics my dealer did when installing both my Power Beyond (PB) and Dual Rear Selective Control Valve (DRSCV). The PB installation instructions are very clear about the need to remove and discard "DRSCV to rockshaft manifold oil line" and the DRSCV Installation Instructions are also very clear about installing "Rear SCV Valve to Tank Hydraulic Oil Line" WHICH IS MISSING FROM MY TRACTOR!!! I am still not done researching this but I'm glad to say I am finally making some headway thanks to the good folks on here sharing information and photos of their similarly equipped tractors..... I don't understand how my PB & DRSCV even work with missing and misrouted lines.... Boy my dealer is gonna get another ear full from me in the very near future.....

Thanks again to all and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sincerely,
HomesteadJoe
I spent the past two hours out in the barn with BadAss carefully going through both the PB and DRSCV installation instructions. I am pretty sure I have identified the last of the missing parts, three in total. I did find the missing hydraulic line in the pile of spare parts they gave me (I asked for) when the dealer built my tractor. Installing the line is definitely going to be a challenge based on its shape with all the bends and having to snake it through the machinery of an already-built tractor..... Major disassembly is likely......

As you may recall, I previously found many missing parts on this tractor and have made a number of repairs already. I still have managed to keep my cool with the dealer as I figure I can get more bees with honey than I can with vinegar.... Thankfully they have been fully cooperative up to this point....

Here is the list of missing parts:
The three missing parts are as follows:
From Premium SCV kit:
Part Number Description
LVA21675 Rear SCV Valve to Tank Oil Line (I found this line with the extra parts)
61H1161 Adapter Fitting with O-Ring

From the Power Beyond Kit:
Part Number Description
61H1024 Tee Fitting with O-Ring

I emailed my dealer a little while ago advising him of my findings and expect a reply maybe tomorrow if they are open.

Here are some photos and illustrations of the missing parts and the line I found in my pile of spare parts...... The first photo is of Sleepy's tractor (thanks buddy) where I identified two of the missing parts.

Deere 2038R Missing SCV Hydraulic Line 04.jpg

Deere 2038R Missing SCV Hydraulic Line 01.JPG

Deere 2038R Missing SCV Hydraulic Line 02.JPG

Deere 2038R Missing SCV Hydraulic Line 03.JPG

Deere 2038R Missing SCV Adapter Fitting 01.JPG

Deere 2038R Missing Power Beyond Hydraulic Tee Fitting 01.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!

Sincerely

1 - 14 of 14 Posts