Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Just wanted to see if I'm to only person that is losing the fiber/plastic washer located behind the stop on the rockshaft control arm. By the way this is on a 1025r and if your control arm drifts down on it's own; most likely your washer is missing . If you look at the parts breakdown you would have a locking nut, 4 friction washers, a stop, and this fiber or plastic washer, they are all aligned on the control shaft that lowers and rises the rockshaft.
So anyway I some how break one every year (about 100 hours). Its not all that hard to replace but I'm lazy and would think they should last for years.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
498 Posts
How old is your 1025R? I do not know of any plastic hardware on the current mechanical lifts. Any Pics?
He I referring to the fiber/plastic friction washer on the three point control lever. they all have it on the control shaft.

Yes I had to replace mine in under 100 hours

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Right, I guess it would be a friction washer but there are also spring type washers (4) that set on the same shaft.
My 1025r is 3 years old with 300 Hours. I have replaced this washer every year and was wondering if someone has had this problem and replaced it with something like a nylon washer that wouldn't crack and fall out.
I guess the attachment of the parts worked so if you are looking at the parts breakdown it would be washer #22.
As for copying and pasting photos... I haven't figured out how that's done but will work on it later.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I've just had to replace mine this year after 220 hours. The washer came out in about 3 pieces. I got the new washer from JD, but I don't have confidence this will last very long. Would also be interested if anyone is using something else that may last longer.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just wanted to see if I'm to only person that is losing the fiber/plastic washer located behind the stop on the rockshaft control arm.
Here's a sticky for this issue.

Just changed mine out last month & agree with the others who'd like to find something more durable than the stock part. =/

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made a trip to our local Lowes today to fine a replacement friction washer. All in all it was real easy. One pack of 4 nylon washer under $1.00. The outside diameter is about 1/16" smaller but thickness and shaft size was the same. Installed one and it works like new again and I have 3 spars.

The image shows the remains of the old washer and the new one with detailed information on the package.

IMG_20161110_151009432_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Thanks overdone. I will definitely be looking for this or something very similar. I know that I will have to do this again sometime.

I bought the original and it was $3.48 for that washer (LVU23464). :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts