Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't be alone here -

The stop is a small cam level with a tiny section of metal mounted below the deck to stop the rockshaft control lever at the same point each time (Just making sure I am saying the right thing here)

Well, mine is a piece of cow excrement
It is flimsy - even I have trouble getting repeatable results
It doesn't reach all the way across the control lever channel allowing my wife to bypass the stop completely therefore turning the front of a rotary cutter into a plow

What is the fix?

Taking it apart and putting on a larger piece of metal? any idea on what works?
Replacing the cam and clip with a bolt and some sort of nut/handle to tension it and make it more rigid?
Combination of both?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The depth control is the same on mine. A pos. Wish draft control was an option on the 3 series.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't be alone here -

The stop is a small cam level with a tiny section of metal mounted below the deck to stop the rockshaft control lever at the same point each time (Just making sure I am saying the right thing here)

Well, mine is a piece of cow excrement
It is flimsy - even I have trouble getting repeatable results
It doesn't reach all the way across the control lever channel allowing my wife to bypass the stop completely therefore turning the front of a rotary cutter into a plow

What is the fix?

Taking it apart and putting on a larger piece of metal? any idea on what works?
Replacing the cam and clip with a bolt and some sort of nut/handle to tension it and make it more rigid?
Combination of both?
I see you received not help. I have same issue and am sure most owners do.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Yeah, it is not very durable. I have been using it for nearly 700 hours and still have not figured out a better way. If I lightly move it forward, I can feel the stop. If I desire to lower the rockshaft fully, I can just push on past it. I suspect that is the way they engineered it, but you must only move it forward lightly. I use it on my RFM to keep the iMatch from hitting the PTO shaft after ruining the cover. I also use it on my 10ft brush hog to keep the front off the ground, so have had plenty of time to figure out a better way, but have had no luck.

Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had my tractor for a year and couldn’t get the little lever to lock. I finally realized I was flipping the lever the wrong way.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Except for Deereboots, does everyone else have a cab? My open station 4044R locks just fine.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
My 4066R is a cab. I have to turn the knob to lock it into place.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts