Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rockshaft lever on my 4066R is extremely hard to move. It has been that way since I got it about a month ago. I assumed that it was just new stiffness, but now that I have almost 50 hours on it, it is the same. I have looked into the cable & I don't see it in a bind, but I notice that it turns the adjustment knob on the rear at the same time. If you use the rear adjustment knob, it is very easy to move.

Is that normal for these machines?

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts
My 4044M had a loose lever when I got it. Look at the end bolted on it has a Nylock Nut you can adjust to make it work with the right tension. Set mine once and it has been OK for 3+ years now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The rockshaft lever on my 4066R is extremely hard to move. It has been that way since I got it about a month ago. I assumed that it was just new stiffness, but now that I have almost 50 hours on it, it is the same. I have looked into the cable & I don't see it in a bind, but I notice that it turns the adjustment knob on the rear at the same time. If you use the rear adjustment knob, it is very easy to move.

Is that normal for these machines?
This is the nut you need to loosen, it looks like an attachment nut but it isn't. Back it off ever so slightly and it will give you two finger movement. Doesn't take much to make a difference. Right side of the rock shaft under the cab.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts
Great I remembered right. 750 hours on my 4044M still running great. Just been doing/fixing things to other stuff??? After I set mine right I used a Locking thin Nut to double lock it from moving and takes two wrenches to do it and not move the one holding the lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.