Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often forget to raise the ballast box when I pull out of my garage and end up dragging it a few feet so I fab'd up this mobile base. If I do forget now, no scraping along the garage floor, I feel it and hear it rolling and I'm reminded to raise the box. It's also nice to be able manoeuvre it around in the garage when not loaded on the the tractor.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts
I often forget to raise the ballast box when I pull out of my garage and end up dragging it a few feet so I fab'd up this mobile base. If I do forget now, no scraping along the garage floor, I feel it and hear it rolling and I'm reminded to raise the box. It's also nice to be able manoeuvre it around in the garage when not loaded on the the tractor.
I normally keep the ballast box up but I have done the same thing many times. Often thought of mounting wheels like yours to the bottom of the box.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,776 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice work. It is a real sense of satisfaction building something yourself even when you could buy something cheaper and easier. I built a cart too with those steel wheels but I used wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts