Green Tractor Talk banner

Rookie tractor owner

2K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  jdforever 
#1 ·
My name is John from NC. I recently purchased a 1023e. It is my 1st tractor so I'm learning as I go. I have the front end loader, 60'' MMM, and 4'RC so far. Been lurking here for a few weeks now reading alot in the SCUT forum.
Never though I'd spend so much time looking at other guys tractors. Lol

#2 ·
Welcome from southern ky!

no better forum to hang out.
Now you need some bolton hooks and Steering wheel spinner to start accessorizing right 👍

#4 ·
Thanks Jimmy, I forgot to add, I do have a pair of KBOH already. Just need to install them. And a piranha tooth bar on order. Looking at getting a quick hitch and ballast box next. Or maybe build my own ballast. I like DIY projects and a ballast box is right my alley.

#6 ·
A big welcome to the GTT forum from Pennsylvania!!

I just ordered a receiver hitch weight bar from HH so I can add more ballast on my current HH. Lead times are longgggg. So order early.

#8 ·
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Reactions: jcz
#10 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats on your new tractor. I've got a piranha tooth bar & just love it.

#11 ·
Welcome from NEPA.

#17 ·
My name is John from NC. I recently purchased a 1023e. It is my 1st tractor so I'm learning as I go. I have the front end loader, 60'' MMM, and 4'RC so far. Been lurking here for a few weeks now reading alot in the SCUT forum.
Never though I'd spend so much time looking at other guys tractors. Lol
Now, its time to share some photos of your new tractor and the implements you have, so the next person lurking can admire and begin to learn from you.

Welcome to GTT....from the Great Lakes State.

Make sure to share any mods or projects you may undertake as they can be very helpful to others.

#18 ·
I’m almost a year into my 1025 and I’ve learned so much here I can’t begin to list it all.

You can really shorten the learning curve by reading and asking questions here. Don’t be shy!

Reactions: SulleyBear
#20 ·
Welcome to GTT from western PA.
I'm another for getting a steering wheel spinner, but get a high quality spinner. The cheap ones break and at a very inopportune time. A friend had a cheap one break. It just scratched the FEL bucket, but did $3,100 damage to his pickup.

#22 ·
Welcome from Central Ohio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.