Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these rope hitches a few years back when hoisting antennas up a tower. Recently I had to retrieve my old steel spring water tank from a deep gulch. I had to pull from the top of hill but I could only pull forward about 15 feet at a time and the pull was nearly 100ft. I added the two sizes of chain hooks to the rope hitch and it worked great. The first one I made up was a quick on the spot job made from old junk and to embarrassing to take a photo of so here is the cleaned up version.
IMG_4000.JPG

·
Registered
194 Posts
A useful thing to have around!!! I'm curious as to why you didn't weld the cleat on too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like 👍

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A useful thing to have around!!! I'm curious as to why you didn't weld the cleat on too.
I hadn’t noticed but your right, it doesn’t look welded on in the photo but it actually is. I bolted it on and then welded it when I did the chain hooks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Execellent. I love the idea of carrying the spray tank, or whatever else would be useful. I’m planning on building a 3 point hoist. You have made me rethink my design. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes.. Good idea...
I had a short (12" or so) boom pole that would pin to the top link point of a 3pt trailer mover receiver.
It worked well skidding timber..

The safe hook up was to raise the end of the log with the short boom. And ALWAYS pull with the fixed draw bar. I skidded timber that weighed as much as the tractor at times. You will NOT like the sensation of doing a wheelie while trying to skid timber.... Take my word...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts