Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted in another thread and caught my attention. I need some type of attachment like this but don't really want/need a tool box. Plus on my 2520, especially with my larger replacement seat, there just isn't much room.

Universal ROPS Mount Tractor Tool Tray

tt400b.jpg

This would be perfect for me. But yes, a bit expensive for what it is. But in it's deference it is made entirely from aluminum and powder coated. Also the price includes shipping.

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one and their thoughts.

I did a pretty good search to see what other vendors might carry it (including GFP and Mutton's) but only found it available from this vendor (which is at least a Deere dealer so gives me some confidence).

So before I spend the money I am trying to come up with an idea of something similar that I could simply mount with U-bolts. I can't find any baskets like this. I did find a heavy duty tool box with lid at Northern Tool but don't want an enclosed box or lid. Even looked around at a plastic (milk) crate type basket that would be rectangular and not be more than 10" wide (front to back). With the dimensions on the Tractor Tool tray it wouldn't affect my ROPS in the pinned down position or the top link of my 3-point hitch (with iMatch installed)

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like one too but wonder if:good2::unknown::greentractorride:
I might be the guinea pig then. Going to wait a couple days for alternate ideas first......

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
378 Posts
I need something to put a few tools in and am seriously considering ordering one of those manual tube holders and mounting it to the ROPS.

I couldnt take the interruption in my rear sight line with the one in the pic. All of my attachments are behind me. :good2:

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point about the sight line. But being it only sticks out ~10" from the ROPS and would be mounted with the top equal to or less high than the top of the seat back, it might not block much.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I need something to put a few tools in and am seriously considering ordering one of those manual tube holders and mounting it to the ROPS.

I couldnt take the interruption in my rear sight line with the one in the pic. All of my attachments are behind me. :good2:
This is a very good point. I have a much smaller toolbox mounted in the same place and is sometimes a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Reactions: KE8LW and aclass

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about a plastic Soda flat? Something like this:

You could easily drill it, it's roughly the same size/shape, and might be easily bolted on. Just have to find a distributor who will let one go or an unattended grocery store dock.

·
Premium Member
10,146 Posts
I added a basket to my 3pt Omni transformer hitch. Most of the time I have it on the tractor.
I did the same thing to my home made version of the Heavy Hitch/Omni hitches.

I wonder it you could add a small receiver bracket to a 3pt Quick Hitch and put a small basket on it........:munch:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same thing to my home made version of the Heavy Hitch/Omni hitches.

I wonder it you could add a small receiver bracket to a 3pt Quick Hitch and put a small basket on it........:munch:

I did that on my old Kubota. Basket was a cheap-o from harbor freight.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I have a front receiver hitch on my tractor and sometimes use a basket I already had for my UTV on the front of the 1025 when the loader is not on.

View attachment 173826
:thumbup1gif:

Can we get more details on this? I would like to know how you did it. Is it a pull pin install or bolts? I am thinking of doing the same.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about a plastic Soda flat? Something like this:

You could easily drill it, it's roughly the same size/shape, and might be easily bolted on. Just have to find a distributor who will let one go or an unattended grocery store dock.
This was my first alternative idea. But I like the narrow width of the basket. Being only fastened to the ROPS on one side would cause problems I think with a couple chains or other heavy objects. I searched for an appropriate rectangular plastic crate similar to the basket but can't find anything close.

I added a basket to my 3pt Omni transformer hitch. Most of the time I have it on the tractor.
View attachment 173802
View attachment 173810
View attachment 173818
The Omni basket was another thought but I have a Heavy Hitch which doesn't have the upper receiver slot.

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I may have found an alternate solution - I'm big on using what I have....

I didn't think I had any rectangular crates but I do - looks like this:

milk-crate-storage-bin-28.jpg

It measures 19" x 13" x 11" deep. My thought is to buy 2 pieces of flat steel bar stock that will mount on the rear side of the ROPS and fasten them with U-bolts. Then just a simple matter of attaching the crate to the bar stock.

I'll have to see what bar stock is available at Tractor Supply my next trip.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

Can we get more details on this? I would like to know how you did it. Is it a pull pin install or bolts? I am thinking of doing the same.
Randy, it's a 2 inch receiver hitch bolted onto the front of the tractor. It's similar to this one by Heavy Hitch.

Front receiver hitch for 1025r

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Randy, it's a 2 inch receiver hitch bolted onto the front of the tractor. It's similar to this one by Heavy Hitch.

Front receiver hitch for 1025r
Thank you. I think I am going the route of a pull pin or some easy attach. I am just not sure of the design. I have been mulling it over for quite a while now. I want to be able to easily add my front weight brackets. I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
23,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Thank you. I think I am going the route of a pull pin or some easy attach. I am just not sure of the design. I have been mulling it over for quite a while now. I want to be able to easily add my front weight brackets. I'll let you know what I come up with.
I'm sure it will be interesting to see what you come up with. Weight brackets could complicate things. I just added weight in this basket the one time so far that I needed more on front. I noticed Heavy Hitch has a weight bracket for the receiver hitch, which could be used for either front or rear, I'm thinking about going with something like if and when I really need weights.

'Course the main thing I like about the front receiver is for easily putting trailers where you want them.

Trailer Mover

1 - 20 of 41 Posts