·
Premium Member
16,975 Posts
What do you do at night?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
16,975 Posts
I meant it happened when I put the tractor away in the evening. Not night, evening would be more accurate
I was thinking of myself plowing snow at night. Unless that sign had strobes on each side I would probably still drive into the door.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I constantly bang the ROPs on the shed door. Luckily I'm backing in.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sign is very cool, how did you make it?
Just a few minutes in photoshop, a laser printer, and a ghetto lamination job with packing tape.

I was actually considering making a legitimate / well designed sign (similar but in color) and pressing them onto a legit plastic sign and then seeing if the community would want to buy them….it seems like there’s a need out there and I have all the equipment to make them. My wife has a business making custom prints (t shirts, stickers, coffee mugs…etc)

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Heeeeeere's your sign. :ROFLMAO:
wait... i have only done it once!!! but i have heard others that said they do it frequently. If i had to drive into a regular garage door often i most definitely would do it more than once. The time i did it was going into my animal barn which is a standard garage door. but mine lives in the barn and that door is 11 foot tall.

I did have an issue once going under my kids swing set. I would usually push the swing off to the side as I continued under them and it would swing behind me and all was good. But this one time the swing swung around and caught my toolbox and bracket and stopped me dead in my tracks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Almost had a lil’ accident last night with keeping the rops up. So I decided to take 10 minutes and throw together a little reminder not to flip the Tractor backwards 😅 thank god I was going slow.
View attachment 840115
I also like that you have the original seat cover on your tractor still. I kept mine on too. Its about to come off tho as the bottom finally ripped open. I also find it a little slippery.

I too find it convenient that the sign is about the same width as the rops to cover the damage lol.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Funny! I was thinking of the same thing the other day but attaching it to the garage door. When the door was shut the sign would just hang against the inside of the door but when the door is open the sign would be hanging down and visible (hopefully enough) to keep me from (hopefully, again) wreaking havoc again.

Reactions: sjjd and kylew

·
Super Moderator
3,932 Posts
That's similar to what I was thinking bpop. Having a sign like that but on small chain or something that makes it hang down well into the opening of the door. One of those things where you'd have to drive through it, but would still miss it lol

Reactions: sjjd and bpop

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
A traffic cone in front of your garage door is a pretty good reminder as well. :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Nice job. But that wouldn't work for me, I'd get used to it being there. If I was to make one I'd have to make it electronic with a proximity sensor which would cause the sign to flash.
I would love it if the proximity sensor would brake the tractor if it moved in the direction of the obstruction with the ROPS up. :D

The week after I got the tractor I went to the local rental place and picked up a 36" traffic cone for twenty some bucks.

I set it in the loader or in the backhoe. Pull the tractor out of the garage and before putting up ROPS put the cone in front of the garage.

I reckon the cone could fit just as well on top of a ballast box as it does in the 'hoe. That makes it a "mnemonic" to put out in front of the garage when you reach for the ROPS to put it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts