Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been an infrequent user of my ROPS. I know I should use it and the recent posts of rollovers have convinced me it's time to get serious. One of my issues is I have to lower it before entering the garage. Too be honest, I have been paranoid about driving into the garage with the ROPS raised. I decided to use a simple flag system. I purchased a plane warning flag which is mounted to the lowered ROPS such that it must be removed to raise the unit Once removed the flag will hang in the middle of the garage reminding me to lower the unit prior to entering the garage. I simply screwed in a small eyebolt to hang the flag. The flag itself is vinyl and 24" long.

As an additional safety measure I just ordered a set of Brotek spacers. I want to thank the recent members for posting their issues. I hear you and have taken it to heart. Greg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Good idea. I should have had one hanging from my garage door opening two or three times.

In my opinion, the time erecting and folding the ROPS is well worth the the protection it affords. I have two or three trees that I have to have my folded in order to mow under. I always mow under them first and then put the ROPS up, buckle the seat belt and enjoy the next two or three hours.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Another great idea. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great idea. I too like the safety of having the ROPS up all the time and one time I forgot and was backing into my shop and forgot. Thanks for sharing a clever idea.

Dave

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Now what are you going to come up with for banging your head into the ROP's when it's at 90°? :mocking:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have banged it pretty good a couple times. Kinda of a reminder how dumb it is to leave it down.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Oh that is a really good idea. I just got my 1025R and have not yet forgotten to put the ROPS down when going into the garage. I did come close one time.
My son is a pilot, and I am sure he could procure me one of those flags for me.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WifeSaidok,

I have come soooo close to hitting the garage exterior header. I think the last time it was within 8". That would have been miserable. I actually ordered the flag on Amazon for around $9.

Greg

·
Registered
131 Posts
$9 is cheap. My replacement garage panel cost $85.:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
My wife ran her car through the garage door once. Told me it was my fault. Does that count? Insurance paid for a new door. :hide:

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
My wife ran her car through the garage door once. Told me it was my fault. Does that count? Insurance paid for a new door. :hide:
Of course it was your fault, Levi. You weren't born yesterday, were you? :laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Of course it was your fault, Levi. You weren't born yesterday, were you? :laugh:
Well if I was, I was born 62 years old. She was dead serious when she said it was my fault. I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut at the time. It was probably a month or 2 later when she found out where to put the blame in her way of thinking. It's still not her fault to this day but at least she found out the blame she put on me was really our son's fault.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
That's a GREAT idea!! Good thinking!!

A lot of my pilot buddies bought their wives shirts like this...

View attachment 158986

:lol:
That explains why those women on my last commercial flight were taking off their shirts once they boarded the flight...........Just kidding, of course. It was on a private flight on a chartered jet.:laugh::lol:

We always had those two warning "ribbons" on the parachutes on my dragster, reminding us to pull the safety pins and remove the "ribbons" before each run. We would insert the pins and attach the warning ribbons when we packed the chutes for the dragster so that we wouldn't inadvertently deploy the parachutes while the car was in the pits being worked on or in the staging lanes, when there were people all around and the launchers could injure someone.:banghead:

Stroud Safety: Drag Chutes

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is really cool. Something you see, but don't really understand until you read more. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts