Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to install light bar on rops, found wire connectors but unable to find proper wire connectors to plug in. Only ones I have found are 14-16ga and are to small both male and female. What are people using, I temporarily rigged it but prefer to get correct connectors to plug into factory harness. Dealership unable to help, they just have light kit with harness. No wire connectors!:dunno:

·
Administrator
22,936 Posts
Reactions: rtgt and JD4044M

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
22,936 Posts
I have tried searching, but no one has said were they got connectors to work. My tractor will not accept 14-16ga bullet connectors, to small. They need to be like 10-12ga but have not found them anywhere.
In one of those threads, there was pictures and part numbers of bullet connectors bought from NAPA, they even had the dimensions listed as I recall.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In one of those threads, there was pictures and part numbers of bullet connectors bought from NAPA, they even had the dimensions listed as I recall.
Correct, but they are standard 14-16ga bullet connectors, to small. They will not fit. Unless my 2018 tractor they started using larger connectors for some reason?

Reactions: Fade2Blk

·
Registered
45 Posts
bullet connectors

I'm adding lights as well. Somewhere on the forum I saw it mentioned that they were Napa P/N NW784340 (male) and NW784354 (female). I'm not sure if these are correct or not, just what I read and jotted down.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm adding lights as well. Somewhere on the forum I saw it mentioned that they were Napa P/N NW784340 (male) and NW784354 (female). I'm not sure if these are correct or not, just what I read and jotted down.
No, those NAPA part #s are to small, they are the same connectors you can buy at any parts store etc. The ones on my tractor are largerer bullet connectors, just enough that they are to loose to connect with the connectors at most stores. I don't have them in front of me, but you hold them up you can visually see they are bigger by a 1/16" or so.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the same problem...the bullet connectors on the JD were either too big or too small for the 'standard' bullet connectors. My solution was I used the ones that were just a bit to small, and simply crimped them together a little bit. I didn't like altering the factory connectors, but this was better to me than cutting them off and completely replacing them. Crimped them together, put a bit of tape over them to keep out the elements and haven't had an issue with it since.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had the same problem...the bullet connectors on the JD were either too big or too small for the 'standard' bullet connectors. My solution was I used the ones that were just a bit to small, and simply crimped them together a little bit. I didn't like altering the factory connectors, but this was better to me than cutting them off and completely replacing them. Crimped them together, put a bit of tape over them to keep out the elements and haven't had an issue with it since.
They are likely metric connectors since the CUTs seem to be a global platform. The difference between 5/32" / 3.96mm (an imperial standard) and 4mm isn't much but it is enough to make a difference in fitment. Here are some standard connectors that include strictly metric sizes.

Al

·
Registered
153 Posts
You are probably right...didn't even think about metric versus standard in bullet connectors.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You are probably right...didn't even think about metric versus standard in bullet connectors.
It's a really common issue in electronics. For example imperial PCB hole layouts, going back to at least the 1960s, were on a .100 inch grid, or 2.54mm. The metric standard is 2.5mm. For things like header strips, you can use imperial and metric interchangeably up to maybe 4-6 pins since there is enough slop in the tolerances that allows both to fit a line of holes laid out to either standard. But you'll still find both standards in common use today and readily available from parts jobbers.

Al

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, those NAPA part #s are to small, they are the same connectors you can buy at any parts store etc. The ones on my tractor are largerer bullet connectors, just enough that they are to loose to connect with the connectors at most stores. I don't have them in front of me, but you hold them up you can visually see they are bigger by a 1/16" or so.
These are the ones you need, They are .180 connectors.

10 Blue PERMA SEAL Heat Shrink Bullet #16-14 Wire Gauge .180 Receptacle Female | eBay

10 Blue PERMA SEAL Heat Shrink Bullet Snap Plugs #16-14 Wire AW .180 Male MOLEX | eBay

·
Administrator
22,936 Posts
Reactions: Ridgeracing

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Isn’t that what the others posts I referred you to said?
My mistake:banghead:, every auto parts store I went to with 14-16 ga connectors were to small. I took it that they needed to be 10-12ga connectors. I guess they make the same 14-16ga connectors with different dimensions. I am going to try the NAPA, if not order threw internet.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I used this from tractor supply on my 1025 and it fit my 2025. I can’t speak for the 3series

Attachments

·
Registered
715 Posts
.180" = 4.57mm, which happens to be a standard metric terminal size. Why metric, I do not know. .180" is not a multiple of 1/64", but it does end in zero, so it is a nice round number.

Al

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old set of posts, but I just added lights to my 1st Gen 2032R, and I thought I would list the correct part numbers for everyone.

Grote part #84-2447 is correct for a 0.180" heat shrink male bullet connector.

Grote part #84-2448 is correct for a 0.180" heat shrink female bullet connector.

They only come is packs of 15, and are about $10 per package, so they aren't cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.