Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed in the parts illustrations what appears to be some kind of ROPS mounted rear operator shield? I'm seeing it in the 2-series and 3-series sections. Is this something new or has it been around and I've somehow missed it?

I don't recall seeing it listed in the Build Your Own tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Interesting.... I've never seen it:dunno:

How much is it?

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Never seen it previously. I had thought about building one to mount on my ROPS but now that I have a cab I'd have to rework that whole plan.

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
News to me...nice find!

It's a Europe only option is it?

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
News to me...nice find!

It's a Europe only option is it?
It could be. The parts page makes no mention of it being foreign but JD Parts shows the part numbers as "not found".

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Europe gets all of the fun things.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My guess is for a skidding winch or similar attatchment for smallish logging.

Its amazing what they do with honda 4 wheelers ,hydraulic pumps,mini loaders.

Lots of the larger logging seems to be with large 6 ish series tractors vs skidders and tracked machines like used in my area.

weird...its either an enviriormental answer or just lack of support for big equipment...

:munch:

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Selective cut

My guess is for a skidding winch or similar attatchment for smallish logging.

Its amazing what they do with honda 4 wheelers ,hydraulic pumps,mini loaders.

Lots of the larger logging seems to be with large 6 ish series tractors vs skidders and tracked machines like used in my area.

weird...its either an enviriormental answer or just lack of support for big equipment...

:munch:
You are right they do a lot with smaller equipment. Some of it's now imported into the US and is pretty good looking stuff.

I'm guessing one reason there's more small equipment use in Europe is they do a lot of selective cut logging vs. the pine/spruce/fir plantation clear cuts we have in the US. We (US) is sending a lot of fiber and fuel pellets to Europe and then are sending us knocked down furniture from IKEA. Seems like a lot of transportation cost but I guess it works.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
You are right they do a lot with smaller equipment. Some of it's now imported into the US and is pretty good looking stuff.

I'm guessing one reason there's more small equipment use in Europe is they do a lot of selective cut logging vs. the pine/spruce/fir plantation clear cuts we have in the US. We (US) is sending a lot of fiber and fuel pellets to Europe and then are sending us knocked down furniture from IKEA. Seems like a lot of transportation cost but I guess it works.

Treefarmer
And one day, the Ikea furniture will likely be recycled and shipped back as pellets........kind of like the "circle of life", Ikea style.........:laugh:

(or just end up in an American landfill, more likely....)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Has anyone noticed in the parts illustrations what appears to be some kind of ROPS mounted rear operator shield? I'm seeing it in the 2-series and 3-series sections. Is this something new or has it been around and I've somehow missed it?

I don't recall seeing it listed in the Build Your Own tool.
Ironically, it looks like based upon it's height as shown, it would actually leave the operator's head and neck likely above the level of the shield. If really protecting the operator from flying debris is a concern, it seems like they could have made another shield or even "half shield" which was fastened to the upper portion of the ROPS to permit the ROPS to still be folded down.................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts