Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I park my new 1026R in a shed with a 7’ door opening. I am glad the bar hinges to allow entry but, since it is painted black, I miss seeing it and I have whacked my head on it several times walking around the rear. Maybe I should take it off or learn to duck but I settled on painting it JD yellow and leave it on as designed. So far it has worked and the lumps have receded on my noggin.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I did a very similar thing with my front quick hitch for my plow blade. I forgot to remove it once before putting on my loader and bent the parking stand. After spending $225 to replace the parking stand I painted my quick hitch yellow so I would forget to remove it next time.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Great idea DE dirt! I have only had my 1026R a few days, but have come close to whacking my head a couple times. This looks like a worthwhile mod. Thanks!:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,044 Posts
Can't beat yellow paint. I painted the tips of our forks back about 6 inches or so yellow.
Easier to see the ends from the tractor seat.
I don't trip over them any more.
And sooner or later I am bound to catch one of my cars with my forks and that way I'll know how far in the side of the car they went without getting off the tractor seat. Just sayin!:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
HHHHmmmm.

Interesting solution. I am glad it has solved your noggin lumps. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can't beat yellow paint. I painted the tips of our forks back about 6 inches or so yellow.
Easier to see the ends from the tractor seat.
I don't trip over them any more.
And sooner or later I am bound to catch one of my cars with my forks and that way I'll know how far in the side of the car they went without getting off the tractor seat. Just sayin!:lol:
Now thats an idea I need to use! :)

·
Premium Member
8,027 Posts
Can we block OSHA and the blasted lawyers from seeing this thread before they force this on the tractor manufacturers causing them to raise the price of new rigs $500? :lol:

All kidding aside, I'd say that's a cheap and effective modification. It's sure cheaper than my raising my garage doors 18" so I wouldn't have to raise and lower the ROPS. :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts