Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently purchased a I-match for my 1025r and was wondering if there is a way to convert a older John Deere 54 rotary cutter to work with it. It is not a beauty queen by no means and I have already lowered the pins to work with the tractor once, so if I need to move them again its not a big deal. My biggest concern is with allowing the mower to float and not bind up or lift the rear tires off the ground. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Adam

http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/65/2649665/4516873_large.jpg

This is a picture of the same rotary cutter I have.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
This would be a good time for a hydraulic top link. :thumbup1gif:

Other than that, you'd need a way to retain the linkage from the top pin mount to your top link hook. This could be as simple as a loop of nylon webbing or chain if you don't care about the imatch paint. Wrap it around the imatch top hook so that it makes a saddle loop and hook into that with your chain to the top pin on the mower.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Unless you operate on level ground all the time, you are going to want to replace the bars from the top of the 3pt down to the mower deck with chains. Almost all of those with bars from the old days wind up bent. The newer ones do not have those anymore. Whether you have the iMatch or not has no bearing on the float.

Dave

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Banned
419 Posts
Floating mower connection

The down right easiest is a simple chain with a pear loop on one end that lays in the top line hook then a smaller loop has the top link pin thru it on the mower about 7 inches should be enough but trial and error will determine the length for your needs. In a earlier post I described a link you could make with two pieces of flat stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts