Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 2048 frontier cutter that I use on my 2520. It works great most time but then I will fire it up and it vibrates like crazy. I always clear the blades and make sure they swing freely. Any ideas what may cause an intermittent vibration?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2048 vibration

have you checked all the grease nipples and gear box fluid levels since you bought it? couldn't hurt to also grad a torque wrench and cheque the torque on the main bolt holding the turtle head in place. I head of someone losing a whole cutting head while cutting in the first 20hrs of operation because not all of the grease points had been greased

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ohdeere. I will hit all of those items. Just cuz it's new sure doesn't mean that everything is lubed up and tight. Probably just the opposite.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts
I think it's pretty normal, the blades have to find their own center and that won't happen till near full RPM is reached.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Make sure the blades swing freely. Check to see there isn't any string, wire or rope that has gotten in between the blade and the blade holder. If a blade doesn't fully extend you will have an out of balance situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the LX4 and sometimes one of the blades will wrap around on a stop and then it shakes awhile on start up until it spins out straight. Obviously it is hard to describe the shake to each other, but mine doesn't seem bad, I engage the PTO at idle and then if there is a shutter, wait a few seconds until it stops before I hit the rev's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts