Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 4' king kutter tiller. Says it weighs 600lb. Is that to much for a 1025r or should I go with the frontier 1149?

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
The Frontier Weight*(lb)
423 lbs I think that is what I would use.

The Specs for the 3 point lift is;
3-Point Hitch
Hitch CategoryLimited Cat. I
Hitch Lift Capacity (lb)681

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
I think you'll be fine.

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
So you think I will be fine with the king kutter?
Yes, the weight of the tiller is almost right behind your draft links, my County Line is 580-590 and my 1023 picked that up with no problems.

Reactions: kylew and JD4044M

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I have one, no problem at all. Well made tiller. No where near maxing out the 3pt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like PJR832 said, my County Line is about 600lbs and although it doesn't ride very high, my 1025R has no issues lifting the tiller and the iMatch. It sure does squat when you pull the tiller out of the hole though.

Now, lifting the tiller out of the back of my truck when I first brought it home was scary, even with well over 650lbs of rear ballast not counting my weight. She was stable and didn't seem tipsy at all, but I didn't push my luck.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
411 Posts
When I lift something that heavy and bulky out of the truck bed, I raise it up until I have a few inches of clearance, then get in the truck and pull it out of the way. Then, back to the tractor and I lower the forks until the payload is as close to the ground as possible before I move it.

If anything goes wrong I want to be sure that my "vanity truck" is out of harm's way. As for me and the tractor, rops is up and the seat belt is on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got the call from TSC that my County Line tiller had been delivered to the store and I can pick it up any time. I alao bought a restored 175 near the TSC that will be going to Moms house for her lawn. I can fit both in my trailer for 1 trip to the big city. Im hoping the TSC carry all will lift the tiller including the frame its mounted on. Id guess thats another 50 lbs. I dont have front forks yet and Id rather not take the sn9w blower off anyway. I think the tricky part will be getting the tractor backed up the ramps and raising it high enough so it doesnt bottom out on the ramps. The key may be to actually back the rear wheels of the truck on to a high spot so the rear of the trailer is lower. I think the 3 pt will lift the tiller (590), the frame(50) and the carry all (75?) But itll sure be at the max!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I thought their 60" tiller was barely 600#. I doubt the 48" one is that heavy.

Rob

Reactions: SRG and PJR832

·
Registered
250 Posts
I dont have a way weigh it. Not sure why they would post a weight if it wasnt right but according to their site, the 4' is 591 lbs dry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not really a comment on this tiller post but I have a question nonetheless is 850lbs too much to be lifting on my 1025rs 3 point hitch? I have the opportunity to buy a tiller that weighs that much. I know what the specs say but I was just asking from others with more experience than I do. Will the tractor handle it number one and secondly if it could what would the affects be on the tractor itself if something went wrong over time
TIA

·
Premium Member
13,673 Posts
The Frontier Weight*(lb)
423 lbs I think that is what I would use.

The Specs for the 3 point lift is;
3-Point Hitch
Hitch CategoryLimited Cat. I
Hitch Lift Capacity (lb)681
Not really a comment on this tiller post but I have a question nonetheless is 850lbs too much to be lifting on my 1025rs 3 point hitch? I have the opportunity to buy a tiller that weighs that much. I know what the specs say but I was just asking from others with more experience than I do. Will the tractor handle it number one and secondly if it could what would the affects be on the tractor itself if something went wrong over time
TIA
Yes, see above post for the specs on the 1025 lift capacity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts