Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why my 1023 would start running with a lot of vibration at idle after I unhook my loader?

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Is this the first time you've detached your loader?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just bought it huh... does it have any fuel in the tank?

I doubt your problem is at all related to the presence or absence of your FEL. Only thing I can think of, and it's such a remote probability that it's laughable to think about, is you somehow closed the fuel cock when working near the SCV couplers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It definitely has fuel. I’ve used it quite a bit with the FEL and no problems. Yeah I’m not really sure. I put a little gas to it and it runs smooth. Only vibrates a lot when in complete idle

·
Registered
241 Posts
So put the FEL back on and see if it cures the problem.

And your previous post you said it has a vibration at idle, but your title says runs rough at idle. Not to nitpick but those mean two different things to me. If it's misfiring or not idling at a steady RPM then there's a problem. If it just vibrates a bit but otherwise idles okay... well, a 3 cylinder will never be as smooth as a 4 or 6 cylinder. Like I said try putting the FEL on and see if it goes back to how it was before you removed it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m sorry, it was bad wording. It’s just a vibration in the tractor itself, not the motor. Just causes everything to rattle more. It’s probably nothing

·
Registered
241 Posts
What's your idle speed? My 1025R idles around 1500 RPM. I thought that a bit high so ventured out to the internet to see if anyone liked the results after adjusting it lower. Not that I would do it yet because my tractor is brand new with a full warranty that I don't want to jeapordize, I was just curious. The general consensus seemed to be that the idle is where it is because if it's turned down much below 1500 the harmonics will set up a nasty vibration in the tractor.

If you have a used machine maybe someone lowered the idle?

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
28 Posts
I have a 2014 2025R. I mounted a step to it a few years back. Now the left rear fender rattles and vibrates at around 2600 rpm. Goes away if rpm is slower or faster. It just one of those thing you may have to live with.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a 2014 2025R. I mounted a step to it a few years back. Now the left rear fender rattles and vibrates at around 2600 rpm. Goes away if rpm is slower or faster. It just one of those thing you may have to live with.
That would drive me nuts. I can't stand crap like that lol. I'd make a brace for it or buy/make a different step or something.

A couple times I heard my hood rattling against the instrument panel at idle. Been meaning to look at that and maybe apply some foam weatherstrip tape or similar to stop it. Actually I'm gonna get off my arse, off the internet, and go outside right now to have a look. I have to run into town anyway to get some fresh engine and transmission oils for my truck. Both are due to be changed.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Only thing I can think of is the weight of the FEL helped with the vibration
That’s where I was headed with asking if this was the first time the loader was removed. The 1-series engines can be a bit shaky at low idle.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think he just means that when he gives it more throttle it smooths out

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
Thanks, I will check. Am currently changing fluids
Are you also changing your filters, specifically the fuel filters? The small filter under the floor board as well as the filter in the fuel separator.

How many hours are on the machine and how long have you had it?

If you are changing your fuel filters, make sure to fill the fuel separator canister with new fresh diesel fuel after you have installed the new fuel filter and before you try and start the tractor. While the system is self bleeding of air, its still going to be difficult to start, run rough at idle and likely quit a few times while it is working the air out of the system. That's normal. Give it a couple of minutes and it will work the air out of the system.

These little Yanmars all vibrate at low engine speeds. Increase the engine speed and it should smooth out. If it doesn't, then you need to look a little deeper and see what's going on.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it was the first time I removed the FEL. When I put it back on it seemed fine. I do just give it a little gas and it smooths out so it’s not too bad to deal with. Nothing wrong I’m sure. I changed all fluids and filters. Got the 400 hour kit from greenpartstore. Took a long time but will be worth it. Mowed first time today and went well. It’s a mowing machine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts