Green Tractor Talk banner

Rough Ride

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ky_shawn 
#1 ·
So I was taking the trash out tonight which entails using the 2305 to haul the cans down to the end of the driveway and I noticed a persistent rough ride/bumping feeling as if there were flat spots in the rear tires or I was driving over small speed bumps every 20' or so. The driveway is a quarter mile long and paved and the machine did all the way down and back. I checked the machine over and otherwise ran fine. Impossible to have flat spots since it sits for no more than five days a a time. Any thoughts?:dunno:

#2 ·
One thought, could a tire be failing. A tire is made of a series of laminations of rubber compounds. As rubber ages these layers can delaminates/separate which can make bulges in tire.

#3 ·
Flat spot

I'm not sure about a 2305 but we can get a rough ride on from the fluid in the rear tires sloshing. It will usually eventually get up to speed but you can feel it until then.

I've had truck tires flat spot over night until they warmed up, especially if they were parked with a load on them. That was really evident with the old bias ply tires but radials will do it as well.

Treefarmer

#14 ·
I'm not sure about a 2305 but we can get a rough ride on from the fluid in the rear tires sloshing. It will usually eventually get up to speed but you can feel it until then.

I've had truck tires flat spot over night until they warmed up, especially if they were parked with a load on them. That was really evident with the old bias ply tires but radials will do it as well.

Treefarmer
Like mentioned here and from several others, I get a rough ride from the tires being loaded and after the tractor has sat for a few days especially in the cooler months that's usually only noticed when I drive it on pavement. It's never been anything alarming, just a wobbly/bouncing ride that always smooths out with some use.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55
#4 ·
Raise the rear of the tractor and spin the wheels to find out of round tires. If it's a front tire it will be less noticeable due to the axle pivot. Raise one front at a time and give them a spin. Must be a fairly large deviation for it to feel that bad, but easy to find.

#9 ·
Seeing that the rear tires are a little more than 2' in diameter, a "flat spot" would touch the ground every 6+' not 20. The front tires are even smaller, so they'd be even more noticeable...

Are you in 4WD?

Drive shaft issues?

:dunno:

#10 ·
Thanks for the insight guys. The driveway is very smooth with no dips. I'll jack up the rear end to inspect further. Any other thoughts - I'm all ears

#11 ·
Aside from the distance traveled it sounds like when I first took off the backhoe and put on the 3pt hitch and found out about deere's (now mine of course) problem with the 3pt arms rubbing on the inside of the 2520 tires, any chance something is loose in your 3pt hitch and you have a little sway causing an intermittent tire rub?

#12 ·
Aside from the distance traveled it sounds like when I first took off the backhoe and put on the 3pt hitch and found out about deere's (now mine of course) problem with the 3pt arms rubbing on the inside of the 2520 tires, any chance something is loose in your 3pt hitch and you have a little sway causing an intermittent tire rub?
I'd jump right on that one, it sounds like it could be random enough.

Reactions: BigJim55
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.