Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to research row planters and any other planter. I have the 1025r and with my back injury it is very difficult to plant by hand the 60 x 40 foot garden. I have a wonderful tiller, a spud plow, and nothing else at this time. Sure, I would love to have one of the small food plot planters but I don't see that in my budget anytime in the next few years. So what are you all running behind the 1 series?

I want to have flexibility to plant pretty much any kind of seed. I will be looking for a used unit most likely.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I think the cheapest way would be to pull the Earthway planter while someone walks behind it,,,

I could not garden without it,,, the stand we get is phenomenal,,,

$89,,, :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A JD QH,, a little metal,,, and,,,

Wow left the deck on? That is what I have been thinking of. Perhaps this year get one earth way and next year add another. Possibly two and I could plant three different seeds at once.

Just have to be careful not to break the little thing with a 1-series.

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Registered
170 Posts
Google (1 row corn planter) theres all kinds of pics eh

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Google (1 row corn planter) theres all kinds of pics eh
I know there are tons of pics, that doesn't tell me how people are doing with them though.

I want flexibility in planting seeds of all types from tiny carrot to giant sunflower. Most of the row planter I see are for corn only or other large seeds.

Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I know there are tons of pics, that doesn't tell me how people are doing with them though.

I want flexibility in planting seeds of all types from tiny carrot to giant sunflower. Most of the row planter I see are for corn only or other large seeds.

Krugerville, TX, USA
John Deere 1025r
Those earthway planters have several plates for different seeds. They work ok as long as you watch closely.
I don't think they cover perfectly, but you can get by.

I like the looks of the Hoss planter. https://hosstools.com/seeders/home/

I like the look of the openers, the variety of plates including 'blanks' where you can customize.

I even saw a version of the same planter with a pull type hitch from http://katscom.com/?p=1519

Tim

·
Registered
446 Posts
Those earthway planters have several plates for different seeds. They work ok as long as you watch closely.
I don't think they cover perfectly, but you can get by.

I like the looks of the Hoss planter. https://hosstools.com/seeders/home/

I like the look of the openers, the variety of plates including 'blanks' where you can customize.

I even saw a version of the same planter with a pull type hitch from Compact One Row Pull-type Garden Planter by KATS Company - KATS Company - Excellence in Excavating & More
I also like the looks of the Hoss. I think you could rig it to the 3 point pretty easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts