Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was looking over the manual for my new Frontier RT1165 tiller last night. It calls for a 85W-140 oil and a moly high temp number 2 grease. Is that regular grease or a special chain grease? Any suggestions on a good oil or grease? Any tips on locations to make sure to oil or grease? It’s my first tiller.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
So, I was looking over the manual for my new Frontier RT1165 tiller last night. It calls for a 85W-140 oil and a moly high temp number 2 grease. Is that regular grease or a special chain grease? Any suggestions on a good oil or grease? Any tips on locations to make sure to oil or grease? It’s my first tiller.
I don't have a RT 1165, I have a county line tiller.
It's not a "special" grease, just a high temp NLGI #2.
I use AMSOIL synthetic polymeric truck, chassis and equipment grease NLGI #2. Why, because it's what I have and use on everything, and I get it at wholesale.

Locations. If there is a grease zerk, grease it. If there is a gearbox, ensure it has the correct level of oil in it. If there are chains, use a good chain lube on them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just purchased a used RT1142 myself. Only a month old unit used for an hour, but still I wanted to learn more about it like yourself. I will be using Lucas gear oil and high temp rated nlgi #2 grease for the chain on the side.

I was wanting to get some extra shear bolts, does anyone know the specs and or size so I could have some on hand?

I was able to find a pdf user manual for the frontier tillers with a google search, not very thorough, but worth a quick read.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts