Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is.

Kubota B3200HSD w/FEL :yahoo:, 5' Landpride RCR1260 Rotary Cutter and 5' Vassar Box Blade.

Dad came over from Huntingdon to ride over to Jonesboro, AR with me to pick it up. We had a great day. Nothing like getting a new toy, but even better to share it with Dad.

There will be mods to come. Some of Kenny'd Bolt on Hooks will be the first. Farmgirl, I'll ask him to send you the holes....

When the savings account recovers.....there will be a set of Artillian Forks for it as well.

A top-n-tilt kit will is also on the "list" and MtnView will be getting that call.

I also have to give my wife credit for making this all possible. She will tell you that she doesn't understand WHY I like tractors so much, but she does understand that they are my toys and it is also as she calls it "my therapy machine".

A couple of the things that I like about this tractor right off is that it does not have the "banana peel" HST peddle. It has a single pedal in front of your foot (fwd) and one behind your heel (rvrs). Still gonna take some time to get used to, but I hope to practice as much as possible. :lol:

It also has a folding ROPS....necessary because my shop door is a standard garage height door. I hope to not join the "what the ...." club with it though.

I want to extend a sincere THANK YOU to everyone that has offered there support and interest. This truely is one of the best web forums that I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.

I understand that there may be a bit of ribbing...so give me your best shot. :tongue: :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW... here is another shot of a Tundra at work....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ohh, my eyes....... my eyes!!!! :slap-yourself-emoti A Toyota? :mocking:

J/K, the Bota looks nice... Congrats... :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very nice setup ya got there. Congrats! I hope you have a much better experience with this one and get to wear out the seat.

Jim

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Very nice looking set up, both tractor and truck...have fun breaking that tractor in:good2:

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Congrats! :good2:

I had a feeling it was going to be orange! FYI there is a OTT forum if you want to join it-no relation/affiliation with GTT.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Nice looking rig, tractor and truck! I am glad that you have a dealer now that you can work with. Yes, there may be the occasional ribbing, but family can do that! I think it is wonderful you have a new machine, and can get that needed therapy, that so many of us crave!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Nice rtgt.
Wishing you all the best with it.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
May it bring you years of reliable service.:good2:

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! :good2:

I had a feeling it was going to be orange! FYI there is a OTT forum if you want to join it-no relation/affiliation with GTT.
I have been on it a few times while I was researching.... Not the same feel as here. Also didn't get the impression that there was the dept of experience either..

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, there may be the occasional ribbing, but family can do that!
Be advised - I come from a family that is professional at it.

Dad - Retarded Navy. Made 1st Class three times, once for a whole day!

Brother - 6 years as a shallow water sailor (Coast Guard)

Brother in Law - An Army Zero that is finally in a place that he isn't a pain in the butt to the troops - retired. (Lt. Col.)

Wife - 6 years as a bell bottom bandit, then married a squid officer.....Love is blind, and to me she is an angel.

Best Friend #1 - Airiel Greyhound Bus Driver.

Best Friend #2 - Retired Army Master Sergeant. (A bronze star, Respect, no jokes here)

Me - United States Marine. Worlds finest (at anything we do).

So go right ahead - step into this...I dare ya'

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
Be advised - I come from a family that is professional at it.

Dad - Retarded Navy. Made 1st Class three times, once for a whole day!

Brother - 6 years as a shallow water sailor (Coast Guard)

Brother in Law - An Army Zero that is finally in a place that he isn't a pain in the butt to the troops - retired. (Lt. Col.)

Wife - 6 years as a bell bottom bandit, then married a squid officer.....Love is blind, and to me she is an angel.

Best Friend #1 - Airiel Greyhound Bus Driver.

Best Friend #2 - Retired Army Master Sergeant. (A bronze star, Respect, no jokes here)

Me - United States Marine. Worlds finest (at anything we do).

So go right ahead - step into this...I dare ya'
You have a nice day!:lol:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor! :drinks: Even though your new toy is orange.......with the wealth of knowledge on this site.......I'm sure any problems you face will get quick replies on how to handle them.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
You have a nice day, sir!:lol:
Fixed that for you. :laugh::drinks:

Friend of mine was an MP, and told me a story about stopping a vehicle on base doing 10MPH over the limit. Said he walked up the the window, and the driver's ID had "Medal of Honor Recipient" on it. (I don't recall the exact phrase, but it was clear that he had received the MOH).

Said he handed the license back, saluted, and said "Have a nice day, sir."

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
rtgt:

1 - Good stuff in the post. I knew I hadn't heard them all, but these are great.
2 - Tractor - Nice machine you have. Do I understand correctly that you switched brands just because the dealer would not warranty or discount a new battery? If so, this should be a good lesson in customer service for not just JD dealers, but all big ticket dealers. I hope your new tractor serves you well.

3 - And lastly, I notiche that your Toyota is bigger than Gizmo's.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
rtgt:

1 - Good stuff in the post. I knew I hadn't heard them all, but these are great.
2 - Tractor - Nice machine you have. Do I understand correctly that you switched brands just because the dealer would not warranty or discount a new battery? If so, this should be a good lesson in customer service for not just JD dealers, but all big ticket dealers. I hope your new tractor serves you well.

3 - And lastly, I notiche that your Toyota is bigger than Gizmo's.:laugh:
Picture was taken closer to earth, angle of shot, wider camera lens, better lighting, better camera, better photographer............................Funny how a picture can make something look.:lol: BTW, you're fired!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Picture was taken closer to earth, angle of shot, wider camera lens, better lighting, better camera, better photographer............................Funny how a picture can make something look.:lol: BTW, you're fired!
I don't know much about photography, so you are probably right.
I am now on the way to sign up for unemployment. If I understand correctly, most anyone can qualify in New York, which is where my employer (you) is located.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts
I don't know much about photography, so you are probably right.
I am now on the way to sign up for unemployment. If I understand correctly, most anyone can qualify in New York, which is where my employer (you) is located.:laugh:
Ok, You can stay but you have to back me no matter what I say or do and I mean it this time.:laugh:
Here's your chance, I think rtgt should hang around on GTT................

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Ok, You can stay but you have to back me no matter what I say or do and I mean it this time.:laugh:
Here's your chance, I think rtgt should hang around on GTT................
You should send rtgt a couple of gallons of green paint. Or at least have your assistant do it. Better yet, send your assistant down with the paint.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts