Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a Land Pride RTR tiller. Would a 1258 work decent behind my 1025r?

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
'16 Cub Cadet Tank SZ 54" cut
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart

·
Premium Member
13,818 Posts
Does anyone here have a Land Pride RTR tiller. Would a 1258 work decent behind my 1025r?

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart
I'm not sure, it's 58" plus it's reverse tine rotation so that will be working against the tractor. Hopefully someone will chime in that perhaps has used one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No experience with that one but some info on the type of soil you have might help. If you are planning on breaking a lot of sod in have packed clay for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be most stuff that’s been plowed previously

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would probably go for it, but knowing that is a lot of tiller for the tractor. Worst case if it is wet or breaking sod you can take shallower passes.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I’ve got the Landpride RTA1250 on my 1025r. Mines forward rotation but at full depth my 1025r handles it fine. If you are busting sod a 58” reverse might be too much for a 1025r. In soil that’s been tilled previously I’d think you’d be fine.

·
Premium Member
13,818 Posts
Reactions: TJR345

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the Land Pride website it lists that model for 20-40hp. Not sure if that’s tractor or pto hp?

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart

·
Premium Member
13,818 Posts
I’ve found that some are referring to tractor hp and some are referring to pto hp. Either way, JD is very cautious on hp ratings. In other words at first I was told a 1023 didn’t have enough for my tiller or rotary cutter but it handles both with ease. I think you’ll be fine depending on your soil

Reactions: MowJoe

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
On the Land Pride website it lists that model for 20-40hp. Not sure if that’s tractor or pto hp?

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart
They're referring to tractor HP.

Reactions: MowJoe

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went and picked it up today, was even able to work out a partial trade! Score!!! Hooked it up and checked oil in gear box, was a little low so I added until it started coming out the check port then put plugs back in. It did a nice job with the 3 passes I made. That was loose dirt, it had been plowed in the spring. Tractor handled it fine there. It’s heavy though. I’m gonna have to have plenty of front ballast if I do not have the fel on. I have 5 suitcase weights, hopefully that will be enough.

'17 John Deere 1025R FEL
(3) 80 Dump Cart
18 Dump Cart

·
Premium Member
13,818 Posts
Looks great MowJoe soil looks quite nice, glad it worked out for you

Reactions: MowJoe and TJR345

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
If the bucket isn't in your way,a load in the bucket of dirtor something works till you get something figured out.You could get some 70lb suitcase weights too.
Nice tiller,covers your tracks also.:good2:

Reactions: MowJoe and PJR832
1 - 16 of 16 Posts