Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding out what the rubber grommet that attaches to the cowl, where the hood meets near where the steering is, is called. Does anyone know what this piece of rubber is called or where to find? I cannot even find it in the parts manual. If this isn't manufactured anymore is there anything I could use in place of this? I attached a picture with the area circled. The tractor is a 4020 1966. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe auto door weather stripping. Our 3020 hasn't seen that piece in may years. JC Whitney may carry something that might work. Also have you been to John Deere online parts, will have to setup a free account. Then you can look it up, it gives the part number and description. Also can check to see if any dealer may still have one.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I am afraid a fair amount of us vintage LGT guys will not be of much help with a New Gen machine like your 4020. I hope the mods can relocate this to the proper sub forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe auto door weather stripping. Our 3020 hasn't seen that piece in may years. JC Whitney may carry something that might work. Also have you been to John Deere online parts, will have to setup a free account. Then you can look it up, it gives the part number and description. Also can check to see if any dealer may still have one.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, I will try these!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am afraid a fair amount of us vintage LGT guys will not be of much help with a New Gen machine like your 4020. I hope the mods can relocate this to the proper sub forum.

Whoops, I misread the 420 for 4020. Apologies, I'm a little lost here just trying to get some info for my grandfather who is redoing this tractor and hes not too good with the internet.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I am not sure this weatherstrip was ever a factory installed item. I have worked on 4020's since 1977 and have never seen it there. Maybe someone added it.

I'm having a hard time finding out what the rubber grommet that attaches to the cowl, where the hood meets near where the steering is, is called. Does anyone know what this piece of rubber is called or where to find? I cannot even find it in the parts manual. If this isn't manufactured anymore is there anything I could use in place of this? I attached a picture with the area circled. The tractor is a 4020 1966. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I am not sure this weatherstrip was ever a factory installed item. I have worked on 4020's since 1977 and have never seen it there. Maybe someone added it.
I was thinking the same thing, but had no real experience with this model or old of a tractor. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Think this is it

Attachments

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Opps looking at wrong end of hood. Might be this. Hope it helps

Attachments

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Never mind. Deleted.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
shaynaslicer
I agree with JD110 & Zebrafive that there was no factory rubber isolator between hood & dash cowling. I was employed at JD dealership from '66-'87 & sold/pdi'd 4020's when they were brand new. Yes there were some pieces of foam utilized to block air flow under hood & at firewall.

·
Premium Member
8,033 Posts
I saw several restored tractors yesterday, 4000, 4010, 4020s and none had this seal. In a barn, too dark for any pictures.

Reactions: Steve_Sidwell
1 - 14 of 14 Posts