Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new here, and recently joined the John Deere club. I purchased a 2016 1025R with the H120 Front Loader and 60" Drive Over Deck. I absolutely love this tractor, minus the weak seat springs (already ordered the upgraded springs from Ken's Bolt On Hooks). I found that attaching and removing the front loader is very easy, and kind of fun! Last week, I had my garage floor finished with a custom epoxy coating. Prior to this, I noticed that attaching/removing the front loader scratched the garage floor. I do not want this to happen on my newly coated floor.

Do any of you use some type of rubber or plastic mat, or parking pad to prevent scratching/gouging the concrete? I was possibly thinking about getting some sort of mat to park the entire tractor and front loader on, and measured roughly 6'x14'. In the least, I will need something for the front loader itself. I cannot seem to find anything that would be suitable, but am not an expert in that area.

Any advice or pictures would be great!

Thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
I park my 1026R :greentractorride: on horse stall mats (4' x 6' x ~1") made from recycled tires. I got mine direct from the manufacture here as they're a former client. But check Ag and feed stores, they should have them. I went with these mats throughout the barn rather than a dirt floor. . . . Very happy with them, but I do need to finish the job. :thumbup1gif:

0507-16 1026R.jpg

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
TSC has a very nice, thick, black rubber mat, and it's inexpensive. I don't know what they call it, but it comes in a couple sizes, and may be just the ticket.

·
Registered
913 Posts
TSC has a very nice, thick, black rubber mat, and it's inexpensive. I don't know what they call it, but it comes in a couple sizes, and may be just the ticket.
I also use the TSC mats. They have one that's 3x4 feet, made of recycled rubber in Canada, and which sells for about $25. Occasionally on sale for about $20. They're smaller than what I use as stall mats, and therefore much easier to move around. Two of them side by side (6x4) total( are great for dropping the bucket onto. I also use the same configuration for dropping the 60" MMM. Secures the mower deck great for installing, and it doesn't slide on the concrete floor. And, it doesn't add enough height to interfere with the lift and PTO auto-mating feature. Those mats are in my barn center aisle, just inside one entrance door.

However in my shedrow storage area, where the tractor and attachments normally live, I usually drop the bucket down onto a single furniture dolly. That way if I decide to remove it for some reason (usually to use pallet forks) it's all ready to pull the pins, drop it, and roll it out of the way.

Posted this without pictures to remind myself to take and add pics when I walk up to the barn in a few minutes.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also use the TSC mats. They have one that's 3x4 feet, made of recycled rubber in Canada, and which sells for about $25. Occasionally on sale for about $20. They're smaller than what I use as stall mats, and therefore much easier to move around. Two of them side by side (6x4) total( are great for dropping the bucket onto. I also use the same configuration for dropping the 60" MMM. Secures the mower deck great for installing, and it doesn't slide on the concrete floor. And, it doesn't add enough height to interfere with the lift and PTO auto-mating feature. Those mats are in my barn center aisle, just inside one entrance door.

However in my shedrow storage area, where the tractor and attachments normally live, I usually drop the bucket down onto a single furniture dolly. That way if I decide to remove it for some reason (usually to use pallet forks) it's all ready to pull the pins, drop it, and roll it out of the way.

Posted this without pictures to remind myself to take and add pics when I walk up to the barn in a few minutes.
Thanks, I'd love to see photos. I'd like to get a few of them and put them side by side - is there any concern with them shifting at all, or is there a good way to secure them together?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I park my 1026R :greentractorride: on horse stall mats (4' x 6' x ~1") made from recycled tires. I got mine direct from the manufacture here as they're a former client. But check Ag and feed stores, they should have them. I went with these mats throughout the barn rather than a dirt floor. . . . Very happy with them, but I do need to finish the job. :thumbup1gif:

View attachment 205353
Looks great, thanks for the photo. What's your opinion on the 1" version vs a thinner one? Does it really matter?

·
Registered
334 Posts
You see people that put those snap together garage floor tiles in fancy garages, not sure how much they are or where to buy but might look a little fancier than just a rubber mat, if you care. Maybe they even have green and yellow?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You see people that put those snap together garage floor tiles in fancy garages, not sure how much they are or where to buy but might look a little fancier than just a rubber mat, if you care. Maybe they even have green and yellow?
I did find a company that sells those tiles, as a John Deere display pad (link below). They come in various styles/colors and sizes. Starting at $446, a little more than I was thinking of spending, considering I can get a mat or two for under $100.

John Deere Display Pad - Small Design 1 l Swisstrax Flooring

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
There are also some great threads on folks who have built some neat carts to drop the loader on.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Here is a link to the 3x4 foot TSC mats mentioned earlier.

Utility Rubber Mat, Black, 4 ft. x 3 ft. - For Life Out Here

They don't list the weight, but for me (approaching age 70) I can lift one and move it around pretty easily. But they are heavy enough to be not move around underfoot or when driven over. A horse can pivot on one laid on my concrete barn aisle and it won't move. At my Tractor Supply, they keep a stack of them out in the side area where the implements, gates, fencing, and such are. Check them out.

One interesting thing is that when I use my gas leaf blower in the barn aisle and hit the edge of a mat just right, the mat becomes almost like a hovercraft.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I did find a company that sells those tiles, as a John Deere display pad (link below). They come in various styles/colors and sizes. Starting at $446, a little more than I was thinking of spending, considering I can get a mat or two for under $100.

John Deere Display Pad - Small Design 1 l Swisstrax Flooring

Their colored flooring is crazy expensive but I like the parking block pad. The wife always pulls all the way to the front of the garage maybe these would slow her down.

John-Deere-Parking-Guide-2-Pack.png

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
ajn1211, Welcome to GTT.

I also use the 3/4" TSC horse stall mats. They are heavy and do not move around very much at all. Best of all, virtually indestructible.

An old picture but a picture just the same...

IMG_0195_1.jpg

·
Registered
929 Posts
Those mats are a great idea, and I am seriously considering getting some of those for my new shed. It will have pressure treated plywood floor. Should I be worried about moisture getting trapped under the rubber mats and accelerating the wood rotting process?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Those mats are a great idea, and I am seriously considering getting some of those for my new shed. It will have pressure treated plywood floor. Should I be worried about moisture getting trapped under the rubber mats and accelerating the wood rotting process?
I would! Cause it will.
The main reason I use them is because of VERY low traction with the tire chains on the concrete floor.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
929 Posts
I would! Cause it will.
Well that's not what I wanted to hear. Oh well, guess I will just leave the plywood naked.

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Looks great, thanks for the photo. What's your opinion on the 1" version vs a thinner one? Does it really matter?
The mats in the picture that the tractor is resting on are 3/4" thick, 4' x 6'. I'd recommend the 3/4", just the right thickness that springs back and I can lay on and not bottom out. These are made by RB Rubber in McMinnville Oregon. They're made from recycled tire crumb and a bonder (not the right word, I just can't think of the right one). They make thinner ones for exercise rooms, etc., but for the weight of the tractor you want a thickness that will hold up and not fall apart over time. See what the dealers offer, you may not have a choice.

Hope this helps . . . . :cowboy:

Yep, this is the mat. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft?cm_vc=IOPDP1

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
There are also some great threads on folks who have built some neat carts to drop the loader on.
I'll most likely get blasted for this suggestion but it works, is inexpensive and builds on your cart idea, not the matt solution though. When I remove the loader on concrete and want to move it around I disconnect the loader onto a couple of moving carts like these:

moverdolly.png

18" x 30" moving cart for the loader to rest on and the smaller one fits between the front wheels and makes the stand for the support frame. Once the loader is resting on the dolly, you're free to put it anywhere you would like, it rolls very easily.

If I park "right" I bring the loader to the tractor, make all the connections then fire it up an off I'd go. You do have to dismount for a small amount of time to place the carts when unhooking, but it's not too inconvenient.

Big dolly
Small dolly

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts

View attachment 205353
Is there a reason your front R4s are "backwards"? I've heard of doing that with R1s for loader work, but not R4s.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts