Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally stopped working long enough to clean, tuneup and detail my 1025RFILB which was looking pretty sad. Especially since I'd ran into a tree branch and poked a fist size hole through the radiator grill. I installed a new grill and even wire brushed all rust and spots from loader and backhoe and repainted. The hood, fenders, side panels were looking sad too. Lots of noticeable scrapes and scars. I had found a year ago how simple automobile rubbing compound and elbow grease made them all look brand new again. The latest condition gave me serious doubts about working the same magic but I was wrong. Was able to rub out everything 95%. I can't count the dozens of times having metal fenders and body parts would have resulted in serious cosmetic damage to my machine. I've learned the wisdom in having these parts made of a flexible material. I also have a westendorf poly canopy that's taken the most abuse. My neighbor has a tree drooping over my property line I accidentally ran into more than once. I wish it was made like the hood. I hope this simple trick helps others. I'm just amazed how well these parts rub out after serious abuse.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My tractor proudly shows signs of work. To each their own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I was going to wax my Mustang this summer. Summer is gone and winter not far away and still haven't done it. I prize the Mustang, work the tractor. I guessing you know what gets done first as far as washing and waxing goes. :munch:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Said I was going to wax the tractor last year but it never happened. This year I mean it. LOL

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've always waxed my tractors once a year to keep the painted surfaces somewhat slick with the thought that weeds and briars will slide and not scratch as badly. I've been picked at by family and neighbors for doing it but when I'm done with a tractor the same ones who made some jabs at me then make remarks on how well my tractors look for the age/hours and want me to give them first opportunity to buy it. A yearly wax really does seem to pay me back when I'm ready to sell a tractor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always waxed my tractors once a year to keep the painted surfaces somewhat slick with the thought that weeds and briars will slide and not scratch as badly. I've been picked at by family and neighbors for doing it but when I'm done with a tractor the same ones who made some jabs at me then make remarks on how well my tractors look for the age/hours and want me to give them first opportunity to buy it. A yearly wax really does seem to pay me back when I'm ready to sell a tractor.
I'm the same way. I learned from working on aircraft you can spot and resolve issues when you keep them pretty clean. Not to mention I might want to resell it and buy a new one. My neighbor's tractor looks like hell but his property doesn't seem to reflect it. I'm the kind of guy you don't mind loaning tools.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Waxing really helps in keeping the machine clean, it makes washing so much more easy. And also, I rather like working on a clean tractor as well, whether it is a tractor task or maintenance. :thumbup1gif:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,763 Posts
Waxing really helps in keeping the machine clean, it makes washing so much more easy. And also, I rather like working on a clean tractor as well, whether it is a tractor task or maintenance. :thumbup1gif:
Use the "quickie" wash and wax stuff on the Z Trak about once a month when I do the car and truck.
One thing I find is that the Z cleans up easier after mowing if you hit it with compressed air, dust and grass less likely to
stick and build up with a little wax on it, takes about 10 - 15 minutes to clean up the whole works, a drop in the
bucket time wise.
A clean machine is a happy machine................:laugh:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Use the "quickie" wash and wax stuff on the Z Trak about once a month when I do the car and truck.
One thing I find is that the Z cleans up easier after mowing if you hit it with compressed air, dust and grass less likely to
stick and build up with a little wax on it, takes about 10 - 15 minutes to clean up the whole works, a drop in the
bucket time wise.
A clean machine is a happy machine................:laugh:
Well said sir

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I wash and dry mine fairly frequently. Like many have stated it is part of the upkeep in my opinion. Although my wife does tend to think it means I should wash her Navigator more often.:hide:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wash and dry mine fairly frequently. Like many have stated it is part of the upkeep in my opinion. Although my wife does tend to think it means I should wash her Navigator more often.:hide:
Laughing :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts