Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my x590 comes with these on the front rod attachment portion of the deck. i removed the deck the other day and kind of bent one up pretty good. question is do i really need this style? or can i just use standard hair pin styles. thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Use whatever works. A lot of these different pins are used because it's easier to assemble the units with them at the factory.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
my x590 comes with these on the front rod attachment portion of the deck. i removed the deck the other day and kind of bent one up pretty good. question is do i really need this style? or can i just use standard hair pin styles. thanks...
Don't have my tractor in front of me right now. At the rear of the mount that clip has 2 ends. One straight and one bent like 45 degrees. Lift the bent end away from the mount until the twisted part clears the pin it goes through. Then slide the clip forward off of the pin.

To install this clip. Put the straight end into the hole on the pin. Then push the clip rearward by the looped end until it snaps in.

If that makes any sense. Working that clip is like most things in life. Once you see it done one time it's a piece of cake.

I don't think that you would have a problem using another style clip if you want to. However JD must have a reason for using it for this application. Probably because having that U shaped bar coming loose while mowing could cause damage.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You do not want to use a standard hairpin clip in that position as they can easily get knocked off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
any idea where to get these? looking online i don't see much of buying option other than like larsonproducts. not much out there and no way am paying 45 bucks for a pack of 10. i'd imagine my local hardware farm and fleet store would just have the hair pin style. GPS doesn't even have them.

never mind...looks like GPS does for .79/ea

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts