Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading the posts in here about snow removal I started to think of options I will have once the tractor gets delivered. If I mount a blade on the front of my 3x20 on the loader like spudland_dave has, how wide can I go. I want to be able to push snow for a 1/4 mile. I know I will not be able to angle it so most will go off the side. But I plan to have a set of small wings to add while I am up by the house doing the final grading.

60 inches looks like it would cover the tires. Is that all I should do to maintain traction. I do not want to have too large of a blade and be spinning everywhere?

Talk to me goose.:good2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
my blade is 60". Makes it easy to walk around while in the garage but there are times when i wish it was wider. My tractor is 64" wide at the outmost part (bubble) on the tire so a few extra would have been nice.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My frame mounted blade is 82" wide. I added a set of JD wings to the JD 66" blade. I have had no issues with that configuration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.