Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new dump trailer to use with the 1025R. I wanted a hydraulic dump trailer that could operate from the tractor hydraulics. I have been looking online at this one Rural King has and thought it met the bill but I wanted to see one and since there is no Rural King store close to where I live, it hasn't been convenient to go look at one.

Well this week I was on a job in Butler PA and guess what, they have a Rural King there so I went to see if they had one and they did. Took a look at it and knew this was what I wanted but had no way to haul it home from there.

So, I when I got home, I called the store in Clearfield, PA to see if they had the same trailer. They had three of them so I made the trip to Clearfield this morning to pick one up.
20200510_173410124_iOS.jpg
20200510_183532310_iOS.jpg
20200510_183629470_iOS.jpg
20200510_183716071_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Awesome trailer. +1 o ph the wish there was a Rural King here. Menards, and Mills Fleet Farm are nice also.

We are close to the edge of RK country now. Hopefully they keep moving this way.

·
Super Moderator
5,095 Posts
That's a pretty sweet little trailer! Very similar to mine except your's has dual wheels and the tires look more "yard" like. Mine has regular highway tires. I get a ton of use out of mine. It's probably the most used thing I have for my tractor.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Oh nice! And Clearfield is my closest Rural King also.

Don't know how accurate their website is but they show a green one in stock. They have red, yellow, green, and blue (not all in stock).

It says the sides and ends come off - is that true? Also says the tandem axles are walking beam which is a nice feature. And...double acting tailgate just like a dump truck.

I've been drooling over the one Levi got from Country Manufacturing but think I like this one better.

Off to look for Rural King coupons.....

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts

I've been drooling over the one Levi got from Country Manufacturing but think I like this one better.
It does look good. The only thing that would make it better is hooking the dump cylinder to the tractor's hydraulics.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Now if you could only figure out a way to load on to it with the loader or baxk hoe without unhooking!
That’s why I’ve been looking at the Country Manufacturing wagon - can load it with the loader then hook up and go.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Whats the price...I'm guessing 3k ish or less hopefully?

·
Registered
945 Posts
The Fleet Farm equivalent caught my eye this morning as I was reading through their weekly flyer ($2,480 on sale).

I am curious to hear your feedback on the number of "pumps" to raise the bed and the pumping gets tougher with it loaded.

BTW... its looks way better in your garage/shed versus the RK lot in Clearfield! (y)

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Looks nice and handy. It looks like you are hooking it up to the three-point and if so I would chain the arms down to the hitch. At some point when it’s dumping it is going to pick up the tonge and since there is no down pressure on the three-point it’s going to pick the arms up. I would also have it in four-wheel-drive because when it picks up it’s going to unload the back tires and possibly push it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been looking for one of these too. Want to pull it with my hunting truck though. We have Rural Kings all over! Will have to go take a look.
James

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Don't know how accurate their website is but they show a green one in stock. They have red, yellow, green, and blue (not all in stock).

It says the sides and ends come off - is that true? Also says the tandem axles are walking beam which is a nice feature. And...double acting tailgate just like a dump truck.

View attachment 738158

Off to look for Rural King coupons.....
The Clearfield store had three red ones, two now. They do not have the other colors. Also, the sides do not come off which did not bother me but it was one of the things that I wanted to see before buying one. You know it's one of those things you want to put your eyes on.

Yes, I likes the one Levi got and was seriously looking at that one but I opted for this one. If I remember correctly, Levis is four wheel with front steerable wheels, sort of like a farm wagon.

This one does have independent walking beams on each side and the hitch also rotates in the tongue it doesn't bind. It comes with a ball hitch and a hitch to attach to a drawbar with a hitch pin.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It does look good. The only thing that would make it better is hooking the dump cylinder to the tractor's hydraulics.
It actually can be connected to the tractor hydraulics. It comes with a hydraulic hose with quick connects. Basically, the dump cylinder is a single acting cylinder. The hand pump is connected to the cylinder with a quick connect in the line. You simply disconnect this quick connect and connect the extension hose to the quick connect and then connect the other end to your tractor. Pretty sweet.

In fact, this is one thing that sold me on it. I didn't really care about the hand pump, I wanted to connect it to my rear SCV's.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now if you could only figure out a way to load on to it with the loader or baxk hoe without unhooking!
I know. It does have a substantial tongue stand, so you can unhook it and set it on the tongue stand, load it and then back under the hitch with a three point receiver ball. I actually did this already, worked pretty good, although you wouldn't want to load it when it isn't level or you would have to block the wheels pretty well.
That said, I plan to use it this way so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Fleet Farm equivalent caught my eye this morning as I was reading through their weekly flyer ($2,480 on sale).

I am curious to hear your feedback on the number of "pumps" to raise the bed and the pumping gets tougher with it loaded.

BTW... its looks way better in your garage/shed versus the RK lot in Clearfield! (y)
The hand pump is dual acting. It pumps on the up and down strokes. So, it takes about 10 pumps to raise the bed all the way. It raises to a pretty high angle so I believe it will dump most materials pretty well, but as any dump trailer, wet dirt usually sticks and does not dump well.
I only used it briefly so far. I did load it pretty full of top soil with it disconnected from the tractor. I had it setting on the tongue jack with the wheels blocked and loaded it with the FEL. I had the tailgate completely removed so the dirt wouldn't get caught up in the gate. It dumped that load very well.
The tailgate is pretty nice. It hinges like a pickup truck and also like a dump truck.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks nice and handy. It looks like you are hooking it up to the three-point and if so I would chain the arms down to the hitch. At some point when it’s dumping it is going to pick up the tonge and since there is no down pressure on the three-point it’s going to pick the arms up. I would also have it in four-wheel-drive because when it picks up it’s going to unload the back tires and possibly push it.
Yep. I have chains made up for my 3 point for this exact purpose since I use my 3 point receiver to move my other trailers around.
And also 4 wheel drive. Got that.

The one thing I still have to experience is how much it will shift back if the load sticks and does not slide out. Care will be the word of the day when I dump wet material the first time.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been looking for one of these too. Want to pull it with my hunting truck though. We have Rural Kings all over! Will have to go take a look.
James
It is for off road only.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts