Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The website only gives bed dimensions.

Could you please measure the overall length from the back to the end of the ball mount.

And also the width outside of the tires.

Thanks
Here are the measurements:
Bed length - outside 6' - 1 1/2"
Tongue length - front of bed to center of ball connector 3' - 2"
Overall length - 9' - 3 1/2"
Width of bed outside - 4' - 6" (Tires are completely under bed)
Outside of tie down connection points (this is the widest point) - 4' - 11 1/4"
Height - 2' - 10 1/4"

20200517_125358901_iOS.jpg
20200517_125425658_iOS.jpg
20200517_125433827_iOS.jpg
20200517_125506675_iOS.jpg
20200517_125527660_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the rural king dump trailer and have used it extensively during the last several months. Thought I would share my experiences.
This trailer is well built and heavy duty. I use mine for hauling dirt, sand and concrete RIP rap. I liked this model because I could hand pump and not have to connect hydraulics. Originally, I intended using with a 2" ball on the draw bar but quickly found this to not be the best. 1st, the jack will not crank down short enough to allow connection and the ball couple is a little tougher to connect. I then switched to a 3pt draw bar and the clevis hitch. This is much better. Easier to hook up and the added bonus of raising the draw bar when dumping to get everything out, especially wet dirt. I use a JD 3038e which handles this trailer nicely.

The loader is 60 inch on my tractor which is the perfect size for this trailer. A 72 inch bucket would be too big.

Recently I got a large amount of large concrete chunks which I am moving for flood control. This material is gold for anyone who owns bottomland. I have filled this trailer to the max, which I'm sure is overloaded beyond spec and it has not shown any sign of weakness. I have moved 80- 100 ton of this material.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have the rural king dump trailer and have used it extensively during the last several months. Thought I would share my experiences.
This trailer is well built and heavy duty. I use mine for hauling dirt, sand and concrete RIP rap. I liked this model because I could hand pump and not have to connect hydraulics. Originally, I intended using with a 2" ball on the draw bar but quickly found this to not be the best. 1st, the jack will not crank down short enough to allow connection and the ball couple is a little tougher to connect. I then switched to a 3pt draw bar and the clevis hitch. This is much better. Easier to hook up and the added bonus of raising the draw bar when dumping to get everything out, especially wet dirt. I use a JD 3038e which handles this trailer nicely.

The loader is 60 inch on my tractor which is the perfect size for this trailer. A 72 inch bucket would be too big.

Recently I got a large amount of large concrete chunks which I am moving for flood control. This material is gold for anyone who owns bottomland. I have filled this trailer to the max, which I'm sure is overloaded beyond spec and it has not shown any sign of weakness. I have moved 80- 100 ton of this material.
Well, it sounds like you have experienced this trailer in real use. I am still gaining knowledge and experience. So far, I have no complaints. I don't have a 3 series so I will probably not load it to 1500 max., unless I am on the level of course, which I don't have much level ground at my place.

I am currently using the ball hitch connector since I use my Heavy Hitch with a receiver. I don't have the problem with the ball not going low enough to connect since a one series has a limited category 1 three point, it goes much lower so I have found with the tongue jack set at a height to keep the trailer level is perfect to connect and reconnect and, I don't have to raise or lower the jack, I can just rotate it up and down, which makes it pretty quick.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the measurements.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm renting this MiniDump (2000lbs/1 yard) for $35/day. It's ideally sized for getting around my property, and is highway-capable. I'll see how it works in practice later today.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm renting this MiniDump (2000lbs/1 yard) for $35/day. It's ideally sized for getting around my property, and is highway-capable. I'll see how it works in practice later today.
What does this trailer use to lift the dump? I see they have a battery mounted on the tongue.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts