Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was looking at quick hitches today at Rural King and Tractor Supply and I thought they were the same, but the one at Rural King looks like the top link hook holes for the bolts are more rearward than the ones at Harbor Freight. But they do look exactly the same otherwise. If the one at Rural King has the holes back further that hook should stick out more. Will that fix the issue that some have and usually replace that top hook because of issues?

Harbor Freight has 25% off coupon coming up off $99 and a replacement top hook is about $40 so in the long run would be more expensive than the one at Rural King that runs about $90. Not sure how often Rural King as a sale.

I also noticed that Rural King seem to have two models as well. One has longer lock handles while another one has shorter handles like at the one at Harbor Freight, but both seem to have the deeper hooks. So not sure what the difference is, I'd probably get the longer handled one if I went that route.

Reactions: JD4044M and Robnik

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was looking at quick hitches today at Rural King and Tractor Supply and I thought they were the same, but the one at Rural King looks like the top link hook holes for the bolts are more rearward than the ones at Harbor Freight. But they do look exactly the same otherwise. If the one at Rural King has the holes back further that hook should stick out more. Will that fix the issue that some have and usually replace that top hook because of issues?

Harbor Freight has 25% off coupon coming up off $99 and a replacement top hook is about $40 so in the long run would be more expensive than the one at Rural King that runs about $90. Not sure how often Rural King as a sale.

I also noticed that Rural King seem to have two models as well. One has longer lock handles while another one has shorter handles like at the one at Harbor Freight, but both seem to have the deeper hooks. So not sure what the difference is, I'd probably get the longer handled one if I went that route.
Have Harbor freight quick hitch has worked well for 5 years. Use on tiller, rear blade, weight bar and bush hog

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have Harbor freight quick hitch has worked well for 5 years. Use on tiller, rear blade, weight bar and bush hog
I have the Harbor Freight model used the 25% off a couple months back when purchasing it. Check out TTWT he has a great write up on it also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts