Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to pull the fuel pump/sending unit on my 425 because the o-ring that seals it to the fuel tank was missing. Apparenty the previous owner replaced the fuel pump and forgot to include it. Side note: that wasnt the problem, it was a bad ground.
Anyway, there was so flaky rust spots on the sending unit. I tried to clean them off, but no dice. I bought a new complete unit, and ill keep this as a spare, but what causes this? Without the ring, do you suppose moisture entered between heating & cooling of the tractor?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I had to pull the fuel pump/sending unit on my 425 because the o-ring that seals it to the fuel tank was missing. Apparenty the previous owner replaced the fuel pump and forgot to include it. Side note: that wasnt the problem, it was a bad ground.
Anyway, there was so flaky rust spots on the sending unit. I tried to clean them off, but no dice. I bought a new complete unit, and ill keep this as a spare, but what causes this? Without the ring, do you suppose moisture entered between heating & cooling of the tractor?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Not having gasket ain't gonna help. lol

Not only moisture going in but excess fuel fumes going out. Liquid could also leak out at times.

Moisture, air and metal will always equal rust. Keeping the tank full will help. I have seen tanks so bad inside that the pump/sending unit rotted off the mount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts